Media in India
- August 2017
- 37 pages
Media in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the India media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Indian media industry had total revenues of $19.0bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% between 2012 and 2016.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $9.2bn, equivalent to 48.6% of the industry’s overall value.
- Growth in the movies and entertainment segment is driven by the performance of Bollywood films. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, released in July 2015, was incredibly successful, becoming the second highest grossing Indian film of all time, driving good growth in that year.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India media market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the India media market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up India’s media market?