Summary New Cars in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Highlights - The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market shares consist of motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2018 annual average exchange rates.
- The North American new cars market had total revenues of $215.7bn in 2018, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -5.4% between 2014 and 2018.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -7.4% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 6,764.3 thousand units in 2018.
- The new cars market is a volatile market which swifts accordingly with consumer confidence.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the new cars market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the new cars market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America new cars market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the North America new cars market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the North America new cars market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in North America’s new cars market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global aluminum parts gravity die casting market was valued at USD 5,351 in 2020 million and is projected to reach USD 7,413 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of about 4.82% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). During the outbreak of coronavirus during 2020, the whole supply chain of automotive industry was impacted very...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this U.S. Precision Parts Market Report
The U.S. precision parts market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 12% during the period 2021–2026.
The U.S. market is likely to grow due to the increasing prominence of electric vehicles...
New Cars Global Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary Global New Cars industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players...
The urban air mobility market is projected to grow from USD 2.6 billion in 2020 to USD 9.1 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 13.5% from 2020 to 2030. The increasing demand for enhanced efficiency, human safety, and investment activities are expected to drive the market. However, the limited reliability of eVTOLs during transportation and the inability...
New and improved: growth in worldwide manufacturing activity will boost industry revenue growth Abstract Automobile Interior Manufacturing in the US The Automobile Interior Manufacturing industry manufactures automobile seats and interiors, as well as seats for aircrafts. Over the five years to 2019,...
Well-oiled machine: As the average age of the vehicle fleet increases, motor oil will likely be in higher demand Abstract Motor Oil Manufacturing The Motor Oil Manufacturing industry has struggled over the five years to 2019, primarily due to declining prices of industry goods. The price of motor oil...
Written off: The closure of large-scale passenger vehicle manufacturers has dinted revenue Abstract Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Manufacturing in Australia SMEs in the Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Manufacturing industry produce non-electrical motor parts and accessories. These companies...
Abstract Engine Rebuilding & Remanufacturing Services Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of engine rebuilding and remanufacturing services. Engine rebuilding is the process of disassembling and reassembling an engine with new parts to replace worn, damaged or defective components...
New Cars Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The G8 New Cars industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of...
The U.S. automotive aftermarket is expected to record a value of US$448.9 billion in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 3.08%, for the duration spanning 2021-2025. The factors such as growth in automotive production, upsurge in used car sales, rising number of smartphone users, acceleration in electric vehicle sales and rapid urbanization would drive...
Auto Parts Import
Auto Parts Export
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.