New Cars in Taiwan
- September 2017
- 39 pages
- Report ID: 184830
New Cars in Taiwan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Taiwan new cars market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market shares consist of motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The Taiwanese new cars market had total revenues of $6,117.5m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.7% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 206.1 thousand units in 2016.
- Consumer confidence in Taiwan has been low since 2015, when the growth of the country’s economy decelerated which affected the disposable income of households. Demand for new cars was subdued in the last two years. Prices followed an inflationary trend as the cost of imported cars and automotive parts increased due to the depreciation of the local currency.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the new cars market in Taiwan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the new cars market in Taiwan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Taiwan new cars market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Taiwan new cars market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Taiwan new cars market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Taiwan new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Taiwan’s new cars market?