New Cars in the Netherlands
- September 2017
- 43 pages
- Report ID: 184844
New Cars in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Netherlands new cars market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market shares consist of motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The Dutch new cars market had total revenues of $10,474.3m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -6% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -6.6% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 382.8 thousand units in 2016.
- Demand in the Dutch market fell again in 2016, due to the tightening of green tax incentives that were applied in 2013-15. In fact, the growth-peak of the market in 2015 was a result of a demand shift due to the anticipation of green tax increases from 2016. Ultimately, the decline of the market is attributable to the increasing demand for used cars. Indeed, second-hand car sales increased by 5% in 2016, compared to 2015.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the new cars market in the Netherlands
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the new cars market in the Netherlands
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Netherlands new cars market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Netherlands new cars market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Netherlands new cars market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Netherlands new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the Netherlands’s new cars market?