Publishing: Global Industry Guide
- October 2015
- 288 pages
- Report ID: 185031
Global Publishing industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global publishing market
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global publishing market
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key publishing market players’ global operations and financial performance
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global publishing market with five year forecasts
* Compares data from 14 countries globally, alongside individual chapters on each country.
The global publishing market had total revenue of $308.2bn in 2014, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.3% between 2010 and 2014.
The books segment was the market's most lucrative in 2014, with total revenue of $125.9bn, equivalent to 40.9% of the market's overall value.
With both the Europe and North America markets shrinking in recent years, the increase in the Asia- Pacific market can only manage to offset the global market to a state of stagnation.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the global publishing market by value in 2014?
* What will be the size of the global publishing market in 2019?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global publishing market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* What are the main segments that make up the global publishing market?