Pharmaceuticals in Brazil
- June 2017
- 30 pages
Pharmaceuticals in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Brazil pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare. Market values have been calculated at ex-factory prices (the value at which manufacturers sell the drugs to distributors). Any currency conversions used in the production of this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The Brazilian pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of $13.9bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% between 2012 and 2016.
- A large generic shift is expected in the next few years as significant increases in government spending on free and heavily-subsidized drugs will decelerate as the government shifts its focus to cost-containment, coupled with many big patents expiring.
- Drug registration with a new electronic system has been introduced under which drugs can be approved within six months, rather than up to two years previously stated.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Brazil pharmaceuticals market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Brazil pharmaceuticals market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Brazil’s pharmaceuticals market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Aché Laboratórios Farmacêuticos S.A.
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Brazil pharmaceuticals market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Table 2: Brazil pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2016
Table 3: Brazil pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2016
Table 4: Brazil pharmaceuticals market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Table 5: Aché Laboratórios Farmacêuticos S.A.: key facts
Table 6: EMS SA: key facts
Table 7: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 8: Sanofi SA: key financials ($)
Table 9: Sanofi SA: key financials (€)
Table 10: Sanofi SA: key financial ratios
Table 11: Brazil size of population (million), 2012–16
Table 12: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012–16
Table 13: Brazil gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012–16
Table 14: Brazil inflation, 2012–16
Table 15: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2012–16
Table 16: Brazil exchange rate, 2012–16
List of Figures
Figure 1: Brazil pharmaceuticals market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Figure 2: Brazil pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 3: Brazil pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 4: Brazil pharmaceuticals market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2016
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2016
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2016
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2016
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2016
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Brazil, 2016
Figure 11: Sanofi SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Sanofi SA: assets & liabilities