Trucks in the United States
- July 2017
- 44 pages
Trucks in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United States trucks market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The trucks market includes sales/registration of light trucks, and medium and heavy trucks.
- The US trucks market had total revenues of $300.8bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- Fluctuating manufacturing output in the US and subsequent lower volume in freight has reduced demand for trucks as a means for transportation in the US. Many trucking companies in the US are adopting a wait and see approach before they decide to order new trucks. Swedish trucking giant has subsequently reported a 12.4% decline in profits in 2016, which it said was “primarily an effect of the slowdown in the North American truck market”.
- Economic uncertainty has pushed many trucking companies in hesitancy with regards to purchasing more trucks. Orders for new heavy trucks for example fell by around 37% in December 2016 as compared to the same month in the preceding year. Whilst newly elected US President Donald Trump has announced interest in investing in US infrastructure in the coming years (which would boost the trucks market), trucking companies are as of yet waiting to see whether these promises materialize. Therefore growth in the US trucks market has almost halved in 2016 as compared to 2015.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the trucks market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the trucks market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key trucks market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States trucks market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United States trucks market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United States trucks market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States trucks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United States’s trucks market?