Rail Freight in China
- June 2017
- 32 pages
- Report ID: 188702
Rail Freight in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the China rail freight market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The rail freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by rail.
- The Chinese rail freight sector had total revenues of $30.7bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9% between 2012 and 2016.
- Sector consumption volumes declined with a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.5% between 2012-2016, to reach a total of 2,858.4 billion FTK in 2016.
- China is looking to invest around $36bn in its railway infrastructure in the coming years, and by 2030 intends to link the capital city Beijing with the port city of Tianjin as well as increasing connectivity to the neighboring province of Hebei. The government wants to build a mega-city that will expand and develop around Beijing, and this will certainly boost the rail freight sector in the country, helping to explain why growth in the Chinese rail freight sector is expected to accelerate in the forecast period as compared to the previous year.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the rail freight market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the rail freight market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key rail freight market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China rail freight market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the China rail freight market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the China rail freight market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China rail freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is China’s rail freight market in relation to its regional counterparts?