- June 2017
- 37 pages
Global Pharmaceuticals industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare. Market values have been calculated at ex-factory prices (the value at which manufacturers sell the drugs to distributors). Any currency conversions used in the production of this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The global pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of $946.1bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- The US, Japan and China are the largest global pharmaceutical markets followed by the four biggest European markets: France, Germany, the UK, and Italy. Amongst that number it is China that is producing the strongest growth every year, whilst the European states have been stifled due to current healthcare spending cultures in the region.
- The patent cliff has caused revenue losses for many companies. The sales of Pfizer, Novartis and Merck & Co. fell when they lost their patents for Lipitor, Diovan and Singulair, respectively. AstraZeneca has been particularly affected by the patent cliff.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalpharmaceuticals market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global pharmaceuticals market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Global pharmaceuticals market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the global’s pharmaceuticals market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Johnson & Johnson
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Global pharmaceuticals market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Table 2: Global pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2016
Table 3: Global pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2016
Table 4: Global pharmaceuticals market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Table 5: Bayer AG: key facts
Table 6: Bayer AG: key financials ($)
Table 7: Bayer AG: key financials (€)
Table 8: Bayer AG: key financial ratios
Table 9: Johnson & Johnson: key facts
Table 10: Johnson & Johnson: key financials ($)
Table 11: Johnson & Johnson: key financial ratios
Table 12: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 13: Novartis AG: key financials ($)
Table 14: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 15: Pfizer Inc.: key facts
Table 16: Pfizer Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 17: Pfizer Inc.: key financial ratios
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global pharmaceuticals market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Figure 2: Global pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 3: Global pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 4: Global pharmaceuticals market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016
Figure 11: Bayer AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Bayer AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Johnson & Johnson: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Johnson & Johnson: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Pfizer Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Pfizer Inc.: assets & liabilities