Pharmaceuticals in the United Kingdom
- June 2017
- 37 pages
Pharmaceuticals in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare. Market values have been calculated at ex-factory prices (the value at which manufacturers sell the drugs to distributors). Any currency conversions used in the production of this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The UK pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of $26.1bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% between 2012 and 2016.
- The UK contains two of the top ten Pharmaceutical companies globally in Astra Zeneca and GSK, and as such has a busy manufacturing and R&D sector. As the government attempted to reduce the state burden of healthcare a number of changes to the market have been introduced, placing more of the workload in the hands of the private sector.
- The pharmaceutical market is a leading market in the trade balance of the United Kingdom. But budgetary conditions have resulted in closure of several research and development establishments, most notably Pfizer closing a R&D facility in Cambridge.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the United Kingdom’s pharmaceuticals market?