Pharmaceuticals in the Netherlands
- June 2017
- 39 pages
Pharmaceuticals in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Netherlands pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare. Market values have been calculated at ex-factory prices (the value at which manufacturers sell the drugs to distributors). Any currency conversions used in the production of this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The Dutch pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of $5.0bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- In the Netherlands, ‘preference policy’ sets out a preference system for prescribing a cheaper version of a medicine, provided it has the same efficacy as the brand-name medicine. This is a policy put in place by the insurance providers.
- The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport sets maximum allowable prices for medicines in accordance with the Medicine Prices Act. When buying in drugs, pharmacists may not pay more than the maximum prices. These are set by comparing prices in four reference countries: Belgium, France, Germany and the United Kingdom.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in the Netherlands
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in the Netherlands
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Netherlands pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Netherlands pharmaceuticals market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Netherlands pharmaceuticals market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Netherlands pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the Netherlands’s pharmaceuticals market?