Renewable Energy in the Netherlands
- January 2018 •
- 41 pages •
- Report ID: 191708
Renewable Energy in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Netherlands renewable energy market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The renewable energy market consists of the net generation of electricity through renewable sources. It is divided into five segments, these being hydroelectricity; wind energy; solar, tide and wave energy; electricity generated through biomass and waste; and geothermal energy.
The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity produced through renewable means in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to an average of annual domestic and industrial retail prices per kWH, inclusive of applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The Dutch renewable energy market had total revenues of $1.8bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.5% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.9% between 2012-2016, to reach a total of 13.6 TWh in 2016.
- While the Netherlands may not reach its target by 2020, growth will continue in the market and the country is expected to hit 23.9% use of renewable energy by 2030.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the renewable energy market in the Netherlands
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the renewable energy market in the Netherlands
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key renewable energy market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Netherlands renewable energy market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Netherlands renewable energy market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Netherlands renewable energy market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Netherlands renewable energy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the Netherlands’s renewable energy market?