Software: Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide
- May 2015 •
- 180 pages •
- Report ID: 191930
The G8 Software industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the G8 software market
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the G8 software market
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key software market players’ G8 operations and financial performance
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the G8 software market with five year forecasts
* Compares data from the US, Canada, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Russia and Japan, alongside individual chapters on each country
The G8 countries contributed $285.8 billion in 2014 to the global software industry, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% between 2010 and 2014. The G8 countries are expected to reach a value of $386.4 billion in 2019, with a CAGR of 6.2% over the 2014-19 period.
Among the G8 nations, the US is the leading country in the software industry, with market revenues of $185.9 billion in 2014. This was followed by Germany and Japan, with a value of $25.4 and $22.4 billion, respectively.
The US is expected to lead the software industry in the G8 nations with a value of $253.0 billion in 2016, followed by Germany and the UK with expected values of $33.2 and $27.0 billion, respectively.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the G8 software market by value in 2014?
* What will be the size of the G8 software market in 2019?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the G8 software market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* What are the main segments that make up the G8 software market?