Summary With the restructuring and stabilization of the Singaporean economy, productivity and efficiency has increased considerably in the country. This is in line with Kable's survey, which illustrates that Singaporean enterprises are keen to invest in various forms of technology over the next two years. Singapore has a trade-oriented market economy, which has consistently benefitted from the inward flow of FDI from global investors and institutions.
Key Findings - According to Kable's survey, Singaporean enterprises are planning to focus on security products, internet of things (IoT) applications, cloud computing, and network services
- Additionally, enterprises in Singapore are focusing on investing in the core ICT domains of hardware, software, IT services, and telecommunications to improve their overall efficiency
- The survey further reveals that Singaporean enterprises are continuously making significant investments in enterprise applications and data centers, while network services are also set to gain momentum in 2016.
Synopsis ICT investment trends in Singapore presents the findings from a survey of 45 Singaporean enterprises regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Singaporean enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including security products, IoT, cloud computing, and network services. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Singapore. Through Kable's survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Singapore.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT SGD in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Singaporean enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Singaporean enterprises' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as security products, IoT, cloud computing, and network services
- Factors that are influencing Singaporean enterprises' investments in each technology category
- How Singaporean enterprises' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Singaporean enterprises' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Singaporean enterprises' preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that Singaporean enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Singaporean enterprises' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy - Understand how the Singaporean enterprises' ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT SGD are being allocated by Singaporean enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Singaporean enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (security products, IoT, cloud computing, and network services)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Singaporean enterprises' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and objectives that Singaporean enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Driven by digital transformation requirements, the trend of companies migrating to the cloud rose worldwide over the last few years and is likely to accelerate in the next few years.More businesses embarked on the cloud journey to support remote workers and quickly adapt to the requirements and challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, another...
The Management Decision Market is expected to register a CAGR of 15.26% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. The outbreak of COVID-19 has caused immense secondary effects on many economies. Some companies are seeing shutdowns of their supply chains, while others face extreme demands, leading to disrupted workforces and changed communication...
The global asset performance management market size is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 10.1% during the forecast period, to reach USD 4.0 billion by 2026 from USD 2.5 billion in 2021. Key factors that are expected to drive the growth of the market are the rising demand to meet regulatory compliance and reporting...
Global Serverless Architecture Market, By Type (Automation & Integration Services, Monitoring Services, API Management Services, Security, and Support & Maintenance), By Deployment Model (Public Cloud, and Private Cloud), By Organization Size (Small & Medium-Sized Enterprises, and Large Enterprises), By End User (Telecommunications...
Digitalization is the key enabler of decentralization and decarbonization, the other two D’s shaping the energy industry transformation.Cloud computing, Big Data, analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT) are among technologies that enable the digital transformation of electric utilities and facilitate new ways of electricity production,...
The global Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the IoT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 27.3% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The need to efficiently process huge volumes of real-time data being generated from IoT devices, the growing demand for performance management appliances, and the need to reduce downtime and maintenance...
The global enterprise information archiving (EIA) market (henceforth referred to as the market studied) was valued at USD 5.93 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 12.49 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 13.51% over the forecast period (2021-2026).
The growth of enterprise information archiving solutions...
This IDC study examines the market for financial applications, which is expected to see solid growth, in part, by the sharper focus on financial applications that was a prominent side effect from the pandemic for many businesses. In many ways, the crisis has accelerated the adoption of cloud financial applications relative to on-premises and...
This IDC study provides a forecast for and analyzes key trends affecting the worldwide market for datacenter SDN."Growth in the worldwide datacenter SDN market was decelerating before 2020, but the global COVID-19 pandemic delivered an additional significant blow, resulting in slightly negative growth for the calendar year. Although IDC forecasts...
This IDC Market Perspective updates IDC Canada's previous analysis of Canadian communications service providers' 2020 capital expenditure (capex) forecasts and provides 2021 estimates. We analyze major technological drivers of the almost C$12 billion capex spending budgets in 2021, including 5G wireless and 400G optical next-generation networks...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.