Summary Sales of home and garden products accounted for 8.4% of the total retail sales in 2014. The sector is expected to witness sluggish growth with the sales in the segment expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.9% over the forecast period. Recovering economy and positive signs in the housing market is set to drive the modest demand for home and garden products in the country. Sale through online channel has been gaining momentum over the past few years and the trend is expected to continue through 2019, with the sales through the channel expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.2% during the analysis period.
Key Findings - Sales of home and garden products accounted for 8.4% of the overall sales in 2014.
- Specialist retailers are the dominant channel for home and garden products accounting for 73.3% of the sales in the segment in 2014.
- Increasing number of elderly people are taking up gardening as a hobby thereby driving demand for gardening and other tools
- Homewares is most popular category in the home and garden sector and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.2% during 2014-2019.
- Specialist retailers are increasing their product base by offering a wide variety of merchandise, including building and agricultural materials.
Synopsis “Home and Garden Products Retailing in Japan - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting home and garden products retail dynamics for gardening and outdoor living, home improvement, and homewares from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of home and garden products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Home improvement and gardening supplies retailers; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; home furniture and homewares retailers; department stores; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; other specialist retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; electrical and electronics specialists; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations
- An overview of key home and garden products retailers operating across Japan and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on home and garden products sector in the Japan retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in home and garden products category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including gardening and outdoor living; home improvement and homewares, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the home and garden products market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the home and garden products market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Milk in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers liquid, powdered and flavoured cow's milk. It excludes condensed, evaporated, sour and cultured milk. Market size is based on retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Milk...
Cheese in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers total hard/extra hard, semi-hard, soft, spreadable/processed cheese. It excludes cottage cheese, fromage frais/quark/curd/paneer and cheese dips. Market size is based on retail...
Desserts in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This comprises all packaged frozen, chilled and ambient products which are RTE or need preparation. Most products will contain sugar and/or sweeteners. Market value and volume comprises sales through...
Fabric Care in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers laundry detergents, fabric conditioners and softeners and laundry aids. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer and excludes sales...
Butter and Yellow fats in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all butter, ghee and margarine and spread consumption including table and cooking. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market size...
Baby Food in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This comprises packaged dry and liquid products designed specifically for babies/infants. It includes: baby formula and growing up milk; other drinks, biscuits/rusks/snacks; cereals; fruit and...