Summary The “Duty Free Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019” report, published by Conlumino, provides an analysis of current and forecast market data of retail sales in different category groups in duty free retail channel across the Europe.
Key Findings - Europe to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% to reach US$21.5 billion in 2019
- The UK will continue to be the largest market in 2019 with duty free sales of US$4.6 billion
- Personalized shopping experience is trending in Duty Free retail, especially in the UK, while Romania will close all duty free stores by 2015
- Personal care and Drinks will continue to be the largest product categories with cumulative share of 54%
- Gebr Heinemann and World Duty Free Group are the leading retailers in the region
Synopsis The “Duty Free Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019” report provides a comprehensive view of the duty free retail landscape. It includes:
- Covers 24 markets in Europe with thorough analysis of consumer trends, and changing economic and demographic factors in the largest markets
- Current and forecast market sizes, share in the regional Duty Free sales and growth rates for the region and countries
- Current category market size and forecasts for top five markets, largest and the fastest growing categories and category groups in the region
- Major retailers, share in the regional Duty Free sales, key innovative retailers, and duty free retail trends
Reasons To Buy Get immediate access to:
- Data coverage of 24 largest retail markets in European Duty Free retail market - accurate, reliable data for companies that are already operating in and those wishing to enter the Duty Free market
- Current and forecast market size for nine countries - identify markets that holds majority share in the region
- Performance of individual product categories across top five markets in the region for 2014 and 2019 - highlights important markets for a particular product category and the fastest growing market among them
- Analysis of latest trends, market dynamics (covering eight category groups), and key innovations in the European Duty Free retail space - insights that can be used for developing strategies in line with latest trends
- Identify the largest and fastest-growing categories in countries across the region - utilize this information to target popular product categories and the emerging ones in respective Duty Free retail markets
- Competitive landscape, with analysis of key players - acquire information about store count, market share and latest developments for key Duty Free retailers in the region
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Global Duty Free Retailing, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape Summary Global Duty Free market grew at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2012-2017 and registered sales of US$52.9 billion in 2017. Sales are expected to grow at an increased CAGR of 7.1% during...
Duty Free Retailing in Europe, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape Summary The "Duty Free Retailing in Europe, 2017-2022", report published by GlobalData, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for duty retail sales across Europe. Europe...
86 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Dec 2017
About Duty-free Retailing Duty-free retailers are those that are exempted from certain local and national taxes and duties because they sell goods to international travelers. However, taxes may be imposed on duty-free goods when buyers reach their country of destination or when the quantity of the goods exceeds certain...
Summary Verdict Retail's “The European Air Traveler and Duty Free Spending Trends 2016-2017” report examines travelers' opinion about the purpose of air travel, the current trends in spending patterns in duty free retail stores, and their retrospective effect on the marketing activities and business expansion plans adopted by retailers....
Summary European duty free market declined during 2010-2015 affected by the Eurozone crisis but is expected grow at a faster pace during the next five years. The market has recorded consistent growth in terms of local currency driven by surge in international arrivals and duty free spending from emerging markets travelers, mainly...
Summary The US is the most preferred destination for travel during 2016-2017 for both business and leisure purposes. Most of the travellers spend 15minutes or less per visit to a duty-free airport retail outlet. Travellers incurred significant expenditure on precious jewellery, handbags, and watches during their visits to airport...