Summary “Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding attitudes and behaviors that influence global consumption habits” helps companies to develop competitive advantages across the whole of the supply chain by boosting their understanding of consumer motivations. This means that they can align their products and marketing campaigns with the most pertinent consumer need states.
Canadean's comprehensive trend framework is a toolkit companies can use to identify the most important consumer behaviors currently driving their market, and decrease the risk of aligning products with need states that are not influential on actual behavior.
Canadean's trend framework covers nine mega-trends and 20 trends, with consumer data analyzing the influence of these trends across 10 key countries, and identifies the key age, gender, wealth, and leisure time groups for each trend.
Key Findings - Irrespective of industry, size of brand, heritage, or market share, it is crucial that all brands keep ahead of consumer trends. In recent years there have been a number of publicized failed launches from the biggest brands because they didn't recognize evolving consumer need states.
- The needs of consumers in developed economies will continue to be shaped by aging populations. This will cause rising demand for functional products - in particularly food and drink - with health concerns being at the forefront of older consumers' minds. These consumers will demand sophisticated approaches from brands focused on maintaining active lifestyles, and shy away from products that are centered on the vulnerabilities that come with age.
- Developing economies will witness the increased blurring of gender roles as growing female employment outside the home, and women's empowerment movements, help to challenge traditional notions of femininity and masculinity.
- This change will continue to have a significant impact on the food market in particular as women's share of domestic labor decreases, reducing the amount of time that women spend preparing meals. Snacking occasions will also increase as meal times become more fragmented in order to accommodate busy working lifestyles.
Synopsis “Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding attitudes and behaviors that influence global consumption habits” is a toolkit companies can use to identify the most important consumer behaviors currently driving their market, and decrease the risk of aligning products with need states that are not influential on buying behavior. This toolkit provides:
- A framework of nine mega-trends and twenty trends that capture the key need states driving consumer markets
- Quantification of how important each trend is in 10 key countries
- Identification of key consumer groups for each trend, including key age groups, gender, wealth group, and leisure time group
- An evaluation of the consumer behaviors driving each trend, providing a unique level of granularity to the trend framework
- Best practice product examples for each trend
- Analysis of how the trend will develop in future, for both developed and developing economies
- Recommended actions on how to best target each trend, for Food, Soft Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, and Cosmetics and Toiletries categories
Reasons to Buy Canadean's comprehensive trend framework is a toolkit companies can use to align their products and marketing campaigns with the most pertinent consumer need states, and decrease the risk of aligning products with need states that are not influential on actual behavior.
Irrespective of industry, size of brand, heritage, or market share, it is crucial that all brands keep ahead of consumer trends. This report marries theory with practice, providing both a comprehensive conceptual understanding of consumer behaviors, and recommended actions and product examples to show how these trends should be targeted.
Key Highlights NA
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
By threatening to impose a 10% tariff on an additional US$200 billion of imports from China, US President Trump has upped the ante on the trade conflict between the two countries. China has quickly vowed to retaliate and if such an escalation does materialise, it would have significant economic impact on China, the US and the rest of the...
36 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Jun 2018
In 2018 we are quickly approaching 100% mobile broadband penetration in the developed markets and 50% in the developing markets. It is timely now to look at the trends and statistics which are shaping our global mobile industry. BuddeComm sees continuing subscriber growth coming from the developing markets with China...
26 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Jun 2018
In 2018 the global telecommunications market continues its transformation into the industry underpinning the digital, sharing and interconnected economy. This evolution is mainly driven by the ongoing innovations and technological developments that are taking place and the industry is working hard to keep up with these...
Microfluidics is the science and technology discipline of controlling fluids, usually in the range of microliters to picolitres, in networks of channels with lowest dimensions. The report “Microfluidics Market - By Material (Ceramics, Polymers), By Components (Microfluidic Chips, Pumps, Needles), By Application (In-Vitro...
Point-of-Care testing can be defined as the medical diagnostic testing performed outside the clinical laboratory near to the place where the patient is receiving treatment. This type of testing is performed by non-laboratory personnel and the results are used for clinical decision making. The Point-of-Care tests have...
With the rising population, increasing disposable income, and the structural shift in industrial sector in emerging economies, the energy consumption level increases, thereby widening the demand supply gap. This has led to increase in the usage of energy management systems in various industry verticals like power &...