Synopsis This report provides insights into the complex needs of UHNWIs and provides in-depth analysis of the attitudes of wealth managers and private bankers towards business strategies to target UHNWIs. It covers key developed markets as well as key emerging markets as mentioned below. The reports also analyses market size of the UHNWIs and highlights specific business strategies to target important clients by looking at expansion, client, marketing and competitor strategies. It uses WealthInsight’s proprietary HNWI database comprising over 120,000 individuals.
Developed markets include the US, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Canada and Australia. Emerging markets include Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
Summary Private banks and wealth management firms changed their business model following the 2008 financial crisis. Rather than focusing on the size of their business, private banks and wealth management firms have become more focused on specific client segments that yield them the largest profits. Ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWIs) represent less than 1% of the global HNWI population, but account for around 33% of global HNWI wealth. UHNWIs offer wealth managers large-scale profitability due to the potential size of their investments. By acquiring UHNWI clients, wealth managers are able to provide a significant boost to assets under management, and build long-term profitable relationships. When using wealth management services, UHNWIs often require a more sophisticated service than mass affluent or core millionaires. Therefore, it is becoming increasingly important for wealth managers and private bankers to build trust and brand loyalty with UHNWI clients, and to understand their needs.
Scope The report covers the following areas:
- Attitudes of wealth mangers and private bankers to the future outlook of business strategies to target UHNWIs.
- A global snapshot of the UHNWI market, including market sizing and forecasts.
- Key trends and strategies in developed markets (the US, the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Canada and Australia), financial product and service offerings, the role of family offices in managing UHNWI wealth, and competitor strategy focus.
- Key trends and strategies in emerging markets (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), financial product and service offerings, the role of family offices in managing UHNWI wealth, and competitor strategy focus.
Reasons To Buy - Understand the complex needs of UHNWIs and know how best to target them.
- Make robust business decisions and build better business strategies in most important business areas such as expansion client and marketing strategies to target UHNWIs effectively.
- Be informed about key market trends in financial product and service offerings in developed and emerging markets, and address each trend accordingly.
- Be aware of attitudes of wealth managers and private bankers to the future outlook of business strategies in order to target UHNWIs.
Key Highlights - Smaller client segments such as UHNWIs yield higher returns than mass affluent or core millionaires.
- The needs of UHNWIs in using wealth management and private banking services are complex.
- The majority of UHNWIs (48.1%) are entrepreneurs, followed by those who earned their wealth or who run a family business.
- Traditional face-to-face services are likely to stay in the long term.
- UHNWI family business owners in emerging markets are increasing opting for single-family offices.
- Targeting children became a key strategy for wealth managers and private bankers.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Wealth in the UK: HNW Investors 2018 Summary The UK’s wealth market is established and already home to a large number of international and local providers that offer a wide array of private banking products, providing HNW investors with relatively little incentive to offshore their fortunes and,...
Super League In-Depth Analysis: Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Summary "Super League In-Depth Analysis: Morgan Stanley Wealth Management", report is a comprehensive analysis of Morgan Stanley’s wealth management operations. It offers insight into the company’s strategy and financial performance,...
Wealth in Hong Kong: HNW Investors 2018 Summary "Wealth in Hong Kong: HNW Investors 2018", report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of HNW investors resident in Hong Kong. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey. The established nature...
Wealth in China: HNW Investors 2018 Summary China’s financial services sector is evolving rapidly, providing investors with a multitude of new investment opportunities and channels.While still developing, the traditional private banking concept has already been shaken as the changing demand patterns...
Scope of the Report The report entitled “Global Wealth Management Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2018-2022)”, provides analysis of the global wealth management, with detailed analysis of market size and growth. The analysis includes the market by value and by regions. The report also provides the detailed analysis of...
HNW Targeting and Retention Strategies Summary Global HNW market comprises over 10 million plus individuals, the majority of whom are located in North America (52.3%) - predominately in the US (50.3%), making the country the largest target market globally. However, growth is more pronounced in emerging...