Summary The Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa is analyzed to be one of the fastest growing markets across the globe. The Breads and Rolls category dominates in South Africa, while Morning Goods and Energy Bars is expected to register the fastest growth during 2015 - 2020. Considering the economical scenario, consumer's inclination for private label and On-The-Go product are considered to be the major consumer trends driving the current market dynamics. Going ahead, government's proposed legislative reforms on salt content on food product will force manufacturer's to rethink about their food compositions which will benefit Bakery and Cereals consumers in the market as well.
Key Findings - The Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa is expected to register similar growth in value terms during 2015-2020 as compared to 2010-2015.
- South African consumers are opting for value for money products in the Bakery and Cereals market.
- The Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Morning Goods and Energy Bars categories are forecast to register fastest value growth among all categories during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the South African Bakery and Cereals market.
- Snow Flake is the leading brand in the Baking Mixes category in both value and volume terms.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa.
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Mixes, Baking Ingredients, Bread and Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, Cakes, Pastries and Sweet Pies, Dough Products, Cereal Bars, Energy Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Savory Biscuits, Morning Goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet, Film, Tray and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Bakery and Cereals products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery and Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Summary Steady growth in Poland's economy is driving demand for consumer packaged goods in the country including Bakery and Cereals products. Bread and Rolls remains the most dominant category in the overall market while the Baking Mixes category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2015-2020. Older consumers are the...
Summary The Belgian Bakery and Cereals market is led by the Savory Biscuits category, which is expected to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Bakery and Cereals in the country. Private label penetration in the market remains high. Flexible Packaging is the...
Summary A large young population base and rising disposable income of the consumers is driving the Bakery and Cereals market in Egypt. Bread and Rolls is the largest value category in value terms while the Breakfast Cereals category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Artisanal Producers account for highest...
Summary Strong economic growth and rising disposable incomes of consumers is driving the Bakery and Cereals market in Hungary. The market is led by Bread and Rolls category in value terms while the Energy Bars category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. The market is dominated by international players such as...
Summary The Israel's Bakery and Cereals market is led by the Bread and Rolls category, which is also expected to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Bakery and Cereals in the country. The Baking Mixes and Baking Ingredients categories have the highest private...
Summary The Portuguese Bakery and Cereals market is led by the Bread and Rolls category in value terms while the Baking Mixes category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2015-2020. Artisanal Producers account for the majority of share in the Bread and Rolls and Cakes, Pastries and Sweet Pies categories. Food and...
Summary Singapore's Bakery and Cereals market is forecast to register high value growth during 2015-2020 supported by high disposable income of consumers and a large base of young population in the country. The market is led by the Bread and Rolls category in value terms while the Breakfast Cereals category is forecast to register...
Summary Steady economic growth will sustain growth in the Bakery and Cereals market in Sweden. However, with a dipping population growth, the Bakery and Cereals market will record slower growth both in value and volume terms during 2015-2020 compared to the previous period.The middle aged and the older population constituting majority...
Summary The Argentinean Bakery and Cereals market is forecast to register marginally higher growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Bread and Rolls category has the highest volume share in the overall Bakery and Cereals market, while the Baking Ingredients category is forecast to register fastest value growth...
Summary The Bakery and Cereals market in Malaysia is led by the Bread and Rolls category in both value and volume terms, while Energy Bars is forecast to register the fastest growth among all categories during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Bakery and Cereal products in Malaysia,...
Gross Domestic Product Per Capita
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.