With the growing demand for energy worldwide, the market for energy storage has witnessed a boom in recent years. Devices that can store energy for using at a later time have developed rapidly to meet the rising requirement for energy. Companies and governments worldwide are facilitating the growth of energy storage devices owing to their capability of storing electricity more effectively and efficiently.
With fluctuating oil prices and falling oil reserves, governments are encouraging the development of energy storage devices. Such devices can be electrical, mechanical and even electrochemical. Batteries, fuel cells, flywheels, ultracapacitors and many other options are being used as energy storage devices. Fuelling this growth further is the fact that these devices are majorly environmentally friendly and lead to less pollution. By 2022, the global market for energy storage devices is expected to reach nearly $30 billion in revenues.
Taiyou Research analyzes the global market for energy storage devices in this research report: Global Market for Energy Storage Forecast - Opportunities, Trends and Challenges 2014-2022. The report covers the following:
- An introduction to energy storage devices, what they are and the various types of energy storage devices available today. We segment the devices according to electrical energy storage devices, mechanical energy storage devices, electrochemical energy storage devices and other types of energy storage devices. The growth in the global market for energy storage and the fact that these technologies are environmentally friendly are analyzed in the section.
- An analysis of the global market for energy storage through industry overview & statistics, industry size by industry value and industry segmentation.
- An analysis of fuel cells as energy storage devices is carried out through an industry overview & statistics, industry size, industry revenues, industry segmentation by overall market, by end use applications and by geography is included. Regulatory framework by countries and factors impacting the global market for fuel cells as energy storage devices are analyzed. Major players active in the market are looked at.
- An analysis of flywheels as energy storage devices is carried out through an industry overview, industry size through revenues, industry segmentation, industry growth drivers and industry challenges. Major players active in the market are also looked at.
- An analysis of next generation batteries or advanced batteries as energy storage devices is carried out through an industry overview, industry size, industry revenues, industry segmentation by types of batteries such as Lithium Ion, Nickel Cadmium and others, segmentation by end use applications and geography is also included. Regulatory framework by countries is explored along with industry growth drivers and industry challenges. Major players in the market are also analyzed.
- An analysis of pumped storage as energy storage devices is carried out through industry overview, industry size, industry segmentation and factors impacting the industry. In pumped storage we analyze the market of global pumped storage hydropower.
- Ultracapacitors as energy storage devices are also analyzed in this report through an industry overview, industry size, industry revenues in USD million, industry segmentation by end use application & geography along with overall market segmentation. Factors impacting the market for ultracapacitors as energy storage devices are also analyzed.
- Industry growth drivers and challenges facing the global energy storage devices market are analyzed.
- Major industry players such as Active Power, Ballard Power Systems, BYD Company, FuelCell Energy, Hydrogenics Corporation, VYCON and others are analyzed through a company profile, financial analysis and a SWOT analysis.
- The data contained in the report ranges from the year 2008 till 2022, with current market data analyzed from 2014.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
KEY FINDINGS Several advantages, which the global fuel cells provide over other storage technologies that are available in the market, coupled with the growing public-private partnerships are expected to drive the global fuel cell market at a 16.58% CAGR for the forecast period of 2018-2026. MARKET INSIGHTS The...
Increasing demand for driving range extension of the electric vehicles is set to drive electric vehicle range extender market The electric vehicle range extender market is estimated to be 218,129 units in 2018 and is projected to reach 479,027 units by 2025, at a CAGR of 11.89% during the forecast period. The market is...
Report Description Introduction Solid oxide fuel cells (SOFC) generate electricity by oxidizing fuels through electrochemical conversion. This process of power generation is highly efficient because of the low noise levels and vibration free operation. Further, SOFC technology is capable of generating energy...
Report Scope The fuel cell industry in various forms has been developing for decades.There are notable examples of fuel cell successes. The PEMFC is emerging as a winner in many of the primary categories that fuel cells can satisfy.Existing membranes and assemblies still have room for improvement. PEMFC development...
72 pages •
By International Market Analysis Research and Consult
• Jun 2018
A fuel cell refers to an electrochemical cell which converts the chemical energy from a fuel to electricity. The major components of a fuel cell include anode, cathode and electrolyte. Some of the advantages offered by fuel cells are energy-efficiency, high operating time, ease of maintenance, etc. Apart from this,...
105 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• May 2018
About Forklift Battery Forklift batteries require high power and energy density. Lead-acid batteries were commonly used in forklifts. However, Li-ion batteries are also now being used in forklifts. Technavio’s analysts forecast the global forklift battery market to grow at a CAGR of 8.86% during the period 2018-2022. Covered...