Summary Metals & Mining in South America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Highlights - The metals & mining industry consists of the aluminum, iron & steel, precious metals & minerals, coal and base metal markets.
- The South American metals & mining industry had total revenues of $132.3bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.5% between 2014 and 2018.
- Production volumes declined with a CARC of - 0.6% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 171.1 billion metric ton in 2018.
- Lower international commodity prices, including copper, a leading export of Peru and Chile, caused the industry to decline in 2015 and a temporary reduction of private investment. Competitive steel from China flooded the global market causing the price of the metal to plummet; de- acceleration of China’s economic growth as well as an increase in production from the US also impaired market growth.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the metals & mining market in South America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the metals & mining market in South America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key metals & mining market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South America metals & mining market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy - What was the size of the South America metals & mining market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the South America metals & mining market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South America metals & mining market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South America’s metals & mining market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including: