Summary Marine Freight in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Highlights - The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container (only LoLo) and dry bulk cargo , by sea and ocean going vessels. The sector includes both domestic and international freight, which for the purposes of this report is counted in the country of origin. Only outbund trips are considered. The vaues are calculated by multiplying the averge price of the goods per ton and volume of cargo transported. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- The European marine freight industry had total revenues of $70.8bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% between 2015 and 2019.
- The containerized segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $62.2bn, equivalent to 87.8% of the industry’s overall value.
- European marine freight prices for spot containers rose 45% in April 2017 to reach a four-year high between North Europe and China, which has helped encourage the industry’s recovery.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the marine freight market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the marine freight market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key marine freight market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France marine freight market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the France marine freight market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the France marine freight market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France marine freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up France’s marine freight market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including: