Social media advertising spend in China stood at US$2.3 billion by end of 2014, accounting for 9.5% of total online advertising. During 2010-2014, Social media advertising in the country has increased at a CAGR of 49.5%. This growth is expected to continue in 2015 with brands expected to spend US$3.5 billion, representing an increase of 53.2% over 2014. Over the forecast period (2015-2019), Socintel360 expects Social media advertising spend to grow at a CAGR of 46.1% to reach US$16.1 billion in 2019, accounting for 24.3% of the total online advertising spend.
This report answers the following key questions:
- How is social media advertising spending expected to grow over the next five years?
- How much is being spent on social media advertising by industry?
- How is social media marketing budget being allocated and utilized?
- Which marketing objectives are driving the advertising spend on social media?
- Which advertising formats are gaining popularity on social media to target consumers?
- Which social media sites are gaining / losing market share?
- How is social media mobile advertising spending expected to grow over the next five years?
This report provides detailed social media advertising spend database, covering in-depth trend analysis across segments and themes for a period of 10 years (2010-2019). This report provides trend analysis through charts and tables. The social media advertising spend database breaks down into following nine key areas -
- Market Share of Social Media: This report provides social media advertising spend growth dynamics, contextualizing it with broader online advertising spend.
- Budget Allocation: This report provides budget allocation by key segments including advertising, staffing, consulting, and technology.
- Channel Split: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by desktop and mobile channels.
- Format Split: This report provides break down by the following formats: Display Ad Spend Video Ad Spend Each of the format segments above is broken down further into channel – desktop and mobile.
- Industry Split: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend across 14 key industry verticals. Food & Beverages Health & Beauty Technology & ICT Services Leisure Travel & Tourism Financial Services Automotive Media Entertainment Telecoms Retail Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Public Sector Real estate Education
- Advertising Objectives: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by key marketing objectives: Branding Direct Sales Lead Generation/Increase Traffic Product Launch ? - By Gaming: This report provides breakdown of social gaming advertising spend by following categories: Around Games & Apps Environment Ad Spend In Game Environment Ad Spend In Game Immersive Ad Spend Exclusive Advertising Games Spend
- By Social Networking Sites: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by key platforms (sites) for a period of 5 years (2010-2014).
- Macroeconomic, Business and Consumer Drivers: Data centric trend analysis of business environment, infrastructure, technology and consumer trends driving the growth of social media advertising spend
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
ForeSights: Singles’ Day Shopping Festival
The concept of Singles’ Day supposedly originated among college students in the Nanjing University in China in the early 1990s as a bonding occasion for bachelors. It was envisaged as the antithesis of Valentine’s Day, wherein singletons celebrate...
Ecommerce Sector Scorecard - Thematic Research
Competition in ecommerce is increasingly becoming a straight fight between the US and China, with a handful of tech behemoths dominating the market and amassing huge troves of user data.As markets in Western countries become saturated, the...
Ecommerce Scorecard - Thematic Research Summary The tech giants are writing the rules of the game in ecommerce, tapping into their huge user bases, mobile payment platforms, and superiority in artificial intelligence (AI) to dominate the digital economy.New players are trying to carve out their own...
"OTT and digital services are reaching market saturation in Europe and the USA. 83% of respondents use at least one OTT social networking app, while nearly two thirds make purchases online more than once a month." This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason’s Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour,...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.