Social media advertising spend in China stood at US$2.3 billion by end of 2014, accounting for 9.5% of total online advertising. During 2010-2014, Social media advertising in the country has increased at a CAGR of 49.5%. This growth is expected to continue in 2015 with brands expected to spend US$3.5 billion, representing an increase of 53.2% over 2014. Over the forecast period (2015-2019), Socintel360 expects Social media advertising spend to grow at a CAGR of 46.1% to reach US$16.1 billion in 2019, accounting for 24.3% of the total online advertising spend.
This report answers the following key questions:
- How is social media advertising spending expected to grow over the next five years?
- How much is being spent on social media advertising by industry?
- How is social media marketing budget being allocated and utilized?
- Which marketing objectives are driving the advertising spend on social media?
- Which advertising formats are gaining popularity on social media to target consumers?
- Which social media sites are gaining / losing market share?
- How is social media mobile advertising spending expected to grow over the next five years?
This report provides detailed social media advertising spend database, covering in-depth trend analysis across segments and themes for a period of 10 years (2010-2019). This report provides trend analysis through charts and tables. The social media advertising spend database breaks down into following nine key areas -
- Market Share of Social Media: This report provides social media advertising spend growth dynamics, contextualizing it with broader online advertising spend.
- Budget Allocation: This report provides budget allocation by key segments including advertising, staffing, consulting, and technology.
- Channel Split: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by desktop and mobile channels.
- Format Split: This report provides break down by the following formats: Display Ad Spend Video Ad Spend Each of the format segments above is broken down further into channel – desktop and mobile.
- Industry Split: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend across 14 key industry verticals. Food & Beverages Health & Beauty Technology & ICT Services Leisure Travel & Tourism Financial Services Automotive Media Entertainment Telecoms Retail Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Public Sector Real estate Education
- Advertising Objectives: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by key marketing objectives: Branding Direct Sales Lead Generation/Increase Traffic Product Launch ? - By Gaming: This report provides breakdown of social gaming advertising spend by following categories: Around Games & Apps Environment Ad Spend In Game Environment Ad Spend In Game Immersive Ad Spend Exclusive Advertising Games Spend
- By Social Networking Sites: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by key platforms (sites) for a period of 5 years (2010-2014).
- Macroeconomic, Business and Consumer Drivers: Data centric trend analysis of business environment, infrastructure, technology and consumer trends driving the growth of social media advertising spend
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Abstract Social Media Management Services Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of social media management services. Social media refers to the collection of websites and online tools that enable internet users to share information (e.g. websites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)....
30 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jul 2019
South-east Asia is one the fastest growing regions for consumer electronic sale volume in the world. This report explores South-east Asia’s demographics and the market trends that support the growth of tech products. South-East Asia for Tech Products global briefing offers insight on emerging geographies, key growth categories and...
"We predict that operators’ digital services revenue in Europe will increase to 1.4% of the total mobile service revenue by 2023." This report analyses the size of four key digital vertical markets for operators in Europe. It includes revenue forecasts for mobile money (m-money) and...
Advertising in China Summary Advertising in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis...
503 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Jan 2019
This report describes and evaluates the market for web content, search portals, SEO services and social media globally. It covers two five-year periods, 2014 to 2018, termed the historic period, and 2018 through 2022, the forecast period. The web content, search portals, SEO services and social media market consists of the revenues...
Democratic Republic of the Congo Mobile Wallet and Payment Market Opportunities (Databook Series) – Market Size and Forecast across 45+ Market Segments in Mobile Commerce, International Remittance, P2P transfer, Bill Payment, Retail Spend, Consumer Attitude & Behaviour, and Market Risk Report Description According...
"These digital service opportunities could represent USD441 million of revenue in the Middle East and North Africa in 2022 – equivalent to 0.9% of our core mobile service revenue forecast for the region." The Middle East and North Africa is one of the most rapidly-growing regions worldwide for operators’ digital services. Revenue...
"The digital verticals analysed in this report could represent a combined revenue of USD26.1 billion worldwide by 2022." We expect rapid growth worldwide in operators’ revenue from mobile money and payments, mobile commerce, digital advertising, and mobile identity management. However, this revenue is not guaranteed: operators need...
88 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Aug 2017
"About Digital Retail Marketing Digital retail marketing is one of the most active and the fastest-growing marketing technique in the retail advertising segment. This growth is primarily attributed to the growing digitalization worldwide. On average, an estimated 650,000 search queries are raised on Google every minute; 700 videos are...
About Mobile Marketing The rapid growth of smartphone market is because of the development of technological infrastructures such as mobile towers and communication networks and the reduction in the price of cell phones. The drop-in price for a cell phone is because of intense competition and increased supply from major smartphone...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.