Summary UK economic growth ever since the financial crisis has not been very overwhelming. However, the economy has continued with its pattern of steady services-led growth over the past year. Furthermore, with most regions and industries expected to see a growth pattern in 2016, enterprises in the UK are optimistic about investing in newer ICT segments in order to accelerate their growth and productivity.
Key Findings - Kable’s survey shows that UK enterprises are keen on increasing their spending on security products and services in 2016 in order to tackle rising amounts of malware and cyber attacks.
- The survey also reveals that enterprises are eagerly spending on various telecommunications domains in order to improve the delivery of real-time IP-based services such as video and audio conferencing and provide high-bandwidth, low-latency services over their networks to enhance staff productivity, reduce downtimes, and increase response time to users.
- Furthermore, the survey finds that enterprises in the UK remain cautious about deploying and efficiently managing their mission-critical IT infrastructure, thereby investing in data centers as part of their security, innovation, and disaster recovery strategy.
Synopsis ICT investment trends in the UK presents the findings from a survey of 154 UK enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how UK enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and security products. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in the UK. Through Kable’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in the UK.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions UK enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- UK enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and security products
- Factors that are influencing UK enterprises’ investments in each technology category
- How UK enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- UK enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into UK enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that UK enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing UK enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy - Understand how the UK enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by UK enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of UK enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and security products)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing UK enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that UK enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC PeerScape offers advice for IT executives, sourcing executives, and other business executives to employ when procuring external professional services related to private and hybrid cloud computing environments and public cloud services, specifically infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS). Cloud adoption...
This IDC study summarizes the results of qualitative and quantitative analyses of the Japan public cloud services market based on information collected by the end of January 2021.The Japan public cloud services market will continue to grow at a high rate, although growth will temporarily slow down because of the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition,...
The global Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) market size is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.7% during the forecast period, to reach USD 5.5 billion by 2026 from USD 3.3 billion in 2020. Digital business transformation has entered a more challenging and urgency-driven phase due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Global...
Banking Predictions for 2021 - Thematic Research
This report identifies the 21 themes that will impact the banking industry in 2021. For each theme, we offer a series of predictions, identify winners and losers, and suggest further reading.
Companies that invest in the right themes...
Our global team of analysts and consultants continuously research a wide range of industries across the globe. The primary and secondary analysis spans the entire value chain, identifying organizations that consistently develop new growth strategies based on a visionary understanding of the future and a proven ability to effectively address...
The global data discovery market size to grow from USD 7.0 billion in 2020 to USD 14.4 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 15.6% during the forecast period. Various factors such as the growing need to discover sensitive structured and unstructured data, increasing investments in data privacy with evolving regulations,...
The high-performance computing market is expected to witness a CAGR of 6.13% over the forecast period from 2020 to 2025. Factors, such as increasing investments in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), artificial intelligence (AI), and engineering, which demand electronic design automation (EDA), are likely to drive the market over the...
This IDC study analyzes the key trends affecting the ADC market. It provides a worldwide revenue forecast for the ADC market, segmented by the following geographic regions: North America, EMEA, Asia/Pacific (including Japan), and Latin America. In addition, it provides a forecast by end market (enterprise versus service provider [SP]) and...
49 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Apr 2021
The growing reliance on technology has become more apparent during the COVID-19 pandemic as tech is leveraged to reinvent all aspects of commerce. In order to better understand how companies are responding to such shifts, the analyst conducts an annual survey of industry professionals. The Voice of the Industry: Digital Survey asks industry...
The global business rules management system market size would grow from USD 1.0 billion in 2020 to USD 1.8 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.8% during the forecast period. The growth of the business rules management system market can be attributed to reduced dependency on IT teams for writing business rules and...
Number Of Small And Medium-Sized Enterprises
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.