Summary Online sales are expected to gain traction over the next few years as an increasing number of customers use online platforms to make purchases. In a sea of choices, consumers are leveraging technology and are becoming more and more tech-savvy, with the usage of mobiles, internet, and social media becoming a large part of the shopping process. Events such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and other holiday season sales are witnessing record sales annually. With the increase in the number of internet users in the US, the future of online retailing looks bright; moreover, due to a wide variety of channels available for shopping, “Omni-channel retailing” is being adopted by more and more retailers. The major focus of the retailer is to create a unified shopping experience for the customer by integrating their online and offline shopping channels.
Key Findings - Retailers have been prioritizing their delivery services to remain competitive in the market
- Traditional online retailers are facing tough competition from many tech companies which are turning into e-retailers
- Online retailing on special days such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Thanksgiving Day have witnessed record-breaking sales
- Wearable technology continues to transform the online retail experience
- Electrical and electronics will continue to lead with a share of 32.4% of the overall online market in 2019, while apparel, accessories, luggage and leather goods will be the fastest growing category over 2014-2019
Synopsis “Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in the US, 2014-2019” provides data for historic and forecast online retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to the US' online retail environment. In addition, it analyses the key consumer trends influencing the US' online retail industry.
What else does this report offer?
- It provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online consumer shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories), and reviews of the latest best practice in online retail site design
- Based on the latest data, the report not only provides details of the size and growth of this increasingly important channel, it also provides essential context on the penetration of online sales by product groups, how growth has developed over time, and key factors, with forecasts, that will drive this market in the future
Reasons To Buy - Improve market and strategic planning using highly granular, forward-looking market data across 26 categories under nine product groups that include: Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods, Books, News and Stationery, Electricals and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, and Sports and Leisure Equipment
- Understand which products will be the major winners and losers in the online arena in the coming years
- Get an in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online retailing in the US, covering the factors driving online spending across the categories
- Learn from best practice approaches outlined in the case studies of leading online retailers by examining their unique retailing attitudes and review innovative retailers, providing insights and ideas to remain competitive and profitable
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
139 pages •
By yStats - Global E-Commerce Intelligence
• Sep 2018
The report says half of online shoppers in Asia make purchases cross-border “Asia-Pacific Cross-Border B2C E-Commerce 2018,” covers online retail imports and exports in 10 nations of the Asia-Pacific region. The company’s CEO and founder, Yücel Yelken, comments “over half of online shoppers in this populous region shop...
Comfy seat: Improving economic conditions will foster industry revenue growth Abstract Furniture Wholesaling in the US Over the five years to 2018, the Furniture Wholesaling industry has continued to expand, spurred by rising demand from businesses and retailers. Moreover, per capita disposable income...
42 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Sep 2018
This report examines the prospects for single-serve, immediate consumption beverages and impulse soft drinks occasions. The importance of this segment to growth in the global industry is quantified and the unique, long-term pressures on the impulse and immediate consumption segment are introduced. Finally, possible emerging channels for impulse...
Grand opening: higher disposable income and stronger consumer confidence will boost retail sales Abstract Retail Store Fixture Dealers Over the five years to 2018, revenue for the Retail Store Fixture Dealers industry is expected to trend higher, in line with the strengthening economy. Rising consumer...
Industry Groups Chartbook - Apparel Retail in the High Income Economies Summary Apparel retailing is one of the largest industries worldwide, and has undergone a massive shift in favour of online retailing in recent years. From formal eventwear to casual sleepwear, apparel products are purchased...
Industry Groups Chartbook - Apparel Retail in the G8 Summary Apparel retailing is one of the largest industries worldwide, and has undergone a massive shift in favour of online retailing in recent years. From formal eventwear to casual sleepwear, apparel products are purchased by every demographic...