Summary With a share of 7.2% of the overall Italian retail market, home and garden products is estimated to reach EUR24 billion by 2019, registering a CAGR of 0.15% over 2014-2019. Depressing economic conditions, reduced consumer confidence levels, and declining household consumption are considered to be the major hurdles for the sector. Per capita spending is also expected to exhibit sluggish growth over the forecast period, as consumers are becoming more cautious and limiting their spending to essentials.
Key Findings - Italy's home and garden market accounted for 7.2% of the overall retail sales in 2014.
- The tax deductions on buildings renovations by the government will have a positive impact on home and garden product retailing
- Demand for ecofriendly and organic products over the forecast period in the gardening sector will contribute positively to growth
- Home improvement is the largest segment and contributed 62.4% towards the home and garden products category group in 2014
Synopsis “Home and Garden Products Retailing in Italy - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting home and garden products retail dynamics for gardening and outdoor living, home improvement, and homewares from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of home and garden products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Home improvement and gardening supplies retailers; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; home furniture and homewares retailers; department stores; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; other specialist retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; electrical and electronics specialists; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations
- An overview of key home and garden products retailers operating across Italy and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on home and garden products sector in the Italian retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in home and garden products category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including gardening and outdoor living; home improvement and homewares, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the home and garden products market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the home and garden products market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC MaturityScape includes five stages of retail ecommerce maturity, from the simplest and unstructured Ad Hoc stage to the most mature and systemized Optimized stage. IDC identifies these stages with the succession of the main ecommerce generations, up to the present one, and looking toward a new upcoming generation. "Ecommerce is characterized...
Pet Food in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers packaged, prepared dry and wet food specifically for cats and dogs. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer. Market size for Pet...
Shaving and Depilatory Products in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers men's and women's razors and blades, shaving preparations and depilatory products. It excludes electrical equipment. Market value is based on sales...
Deodorants in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers aerosols, pumps, roll-ons, sticks, creams/gels and body spray deodorants for men and women. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer...
Feminine Hygiene and Sanitary Protection Products in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers sanitary protection (pads/towels; tampons; liners), feminine hygiene (wipes, washes, cups and feminine intimate deodorants) and adult...
EU5 Orthotic Devices Market Outlook to 2025 Summary GlobalData’s new report, EU5 Orthotic Devices Market Outlook to 2025, provides key market data on the EU5 Orthotic Devices market. The report provides value, in millions of US dollars, volume (in units) and average prices (USD) within market categories...