Summary The Italian economy has been reeling under economic strain since the third quarter of 2011 and the country's GDP witnessed a sluggish growth of 0.4% in 2014 as compared to 2013 to reach EUR1,616 billion. However shoppers continue to remain cautious about retail expenditure due to the financial crisis and the political instability in the country. Retail sales fell by -0.4% in 2014 to reach EUR 332 billion, as shoppers remained cautious with spending. However, despite weak economic projections, there are some positive signs that indicate that there is a stabilization of business conditions in the country, and a hope for return to a growth trajectory. The retail sales are forecasted to reach EUR344 billion in 2019 growing at a CAGR of 0.74%.
Key Findings - A surge in the number of internet and social media users will have a positive impact on the retail sector
- Declining growth rates and increase in the aging population might hamper the growth of retail sector
- Retailers continue to strategize on multi-channel convergences to make the shopping experience more convenient and easy
- Food and grocery captures the largest share of retail spending (56.7%), followed by Clothing.
- Increasing inbound tourists are offering growth opportunities to the retail sector
Synopsis “Retailing in Italy - Market Summary and Forecasts, 2014-2019” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to the Italian retail environment. In addition, it analyses the key consumer trends influencing the Italian retail industry.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories), and reviews of the latest best practice in online retail site design
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations and other macroeconomic factors.
- Retail sales and fastest-growing product categories that includes Clothing; Footwear; Books, News and Stationery; Electrical and Electronics; Food and Grocery; Health and Beauty; Furniture and Floor Coverings; Home and Garden Products; Music, Video and Entertainment Software; Sports and Leisure Equipment; Jewelry, Watches and Accessories; Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on 26 products across 12 product sectors in the Italian retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories in the market with insights on performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the Italian retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC MaturityScape includes five stages of retail ecommerce maturity, from the simplest and unstructured Ad Hoc stage to the most mature and systemized Optimized stage. IDC identifies these stages with the succession of the main ecommerce generations, up to the present one, and looking toward a new upcoming generation. "Ecommerce is characterized...
Pet Food in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers packaged, prepared dry and wet food specifically for cats and dogs. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer. Market size for Pet...
Shaving and Depilatory Products in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers men's and women's razors and blades, shaving preparations and depilatory products. It excludes electrical equipment. Market value is based on sales...
Deodorants in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers aerosols, pumps, roll-ons, sticks, creams/gels and body spray deodorants for men and women. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer...
Feminine Hygiene and Sanitary Protection Products in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers sanitary protection (pads/towels; tampons; liners), feminine hygiene (wipes, washes, cups and feminine intimate deodorants) and adult...
EU5 Orthotic Devices Market Outlook to 2025 Summary GlobalData’s new report, EU5 Orthotic Devices Market Outlook to 2025, provides key market data on the EU5 Orthotic Devices market. The report provides value, in millions of US dollars, volume (in units) and average prices (USD) within market categories...