Summary The Italian furniture market is the second highest in volume in Europe. The retail market for furniture and floor coverings recorded sales of EUR17.7 billion in 2014, which is anticipated to observe a CAGR of -0.1% over the next five years, to reach EUR17.6 billion by 2019. However, the sector was a victim of economic uncertainties and recorded negative growth over the historic period. Reduced purchasing power will continue to have a negative impact on the sector.
Key Findings - Home furniture and homewares retailers account for 89.4% of the total sales of furniture and floor coverings
- Furniture was the largest category with 70.8% within the group in 2014 and also remains as the largest category during the forecast period.
- Expectations of an increase in government support for the residential sector and continuing consumer interest in cheaper furniture will provide some growth opportunities to the furniture and floor coverings market.
- Online spending on furniture and floor coverings is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 21.9% in 2014-2019.
Synopsis “Furniture and Floor Coverings Retailing in Italy- Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting furniture and floor coverings retail dynamics for floor coverings and furniture from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of furniture and floor coverings products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Home furniture and homewares retailers; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; online; department stores; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; home improvement and gardening supplies retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other specialist retailers
- An overview of key furniture and floor coverings retailers operating across Italy and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on furniture and floor coverings sector in the Italian retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in furniture and floor coverings category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including floor coverings and furniture, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the furniture and floor coverings market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the furniture and floor coverings market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC MaturityScape includes five stages of retail ecommerce maturity, from the simplest and unstructured Ad Hoc stage to the most mature and systemized Optimized stage. IDC identifies these stages with the succession of the main ecommerce generations, up to the present one, and looking toward a new upcoming generation. "Ecommerce is characterized...
Pet Food in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers packaged, prepared dry and wet food specifically for cats and dogs. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer. Market size for Pet...
Shaving and Depilatory Products in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers men's and women's razors and blades, shaving preparations and depilatory products. It excludes electrical equipment. Market value is based on sales...
Deodorants in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers aerosols, pumps, roll-ons, sticks, creams/gels and body spray deodorants for men and women. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer...
Feminine Hygiene and Sanitary Protection Products in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers sanitary protection (pads/towels; tampons; liners), feminine hygiene (wipes, washes, cups and feminine intimate deodorants) and adult...
EU5 Orthotic Devices Market Outlook to 2025 Summary GlobalData’s new report, EU5 Orthotic Devices Market Outlook to 2025, provides key market data on the EU5 Orthotic Devices market. The report provides value, in millions of US dollars, volume (in units) and average prices (USD) within market categories...