Summary Sales of luggage and leather goods account for a marginal share of the overall sales in Japan. Valued at JPY856 billion in 2014, Japanese luggage and leather goods sales are expected to witness moderate CAGR of 1.4% over the next five years. The increasing number of outbound tourists and steady domestic demand is expected to drive the sales of luggage and leather goods. Specialist retailers continue to be the most preferred channel, while sales through online channel is witnessing rapid growth.
Key Findings - Commanding a 41.7% share of the overall sales in the segment, specialist retailers dominate the luggage and leather goods market in Japan.
- Luggage and leather goods sales accounted for a marginal share of the total retail sales in 2014 and the sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.4% over the next five years
- Increasing number of outbound tourists and steady domestic demand to drive the sales over the next few years.
- Online is the fastest-growing channel in the luggage and leather goods category
Synopsis “Luggage and Leather Goods Retailing in Japan - Market Summary and Forecasts” ” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting luggage and leather goods retail dynamics from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of luggage and leather goods through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Department stores; other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; duty free retailers; clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists
- An overview of key luggage and leather goods retailers operating across Japan and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on luggage and leather goods sector in the Japan retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in luggage and leather goods category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including luggage and leather goods, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the luggage and leather goods market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the luggage and leather goods market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Retailing in Japan, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021 Summary "Retailing in Japan, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Japnanese retail...
Summary Verdict Retail's, "Retail Sales of Duty Free Retailing in Japan: Market Size, Growth and Forecast to 2020" provides detailed historic and forecast statistics on retail sales from 2010 to 2020 taking place at "Duty Free Retailing" for each category at segment level. However, delivered wholesale sales are not included. The...
Summary Verdict Retail's, "Retail Sales of Cash and Carries and Warehouse Clubs in Japan: Market Size, Growth and Forecast to 2020" provides detailed historic and forecast statistics on retail sales from 2010 to 2020 taking place at "Cash and Carries and Warehouse Clubs" for each category at segment level. However, delivered wholesale...
Summary Verdict Retail's, "Retail Sales of Clothing, Footwear, Accessories and Luxury Goods Specialists in Japan: Market Size, Growth and Forecast to 2020" provides detailed historic and forecast statistics on retail sales from 2010 to 2020 taking place at "Clothing, Footwear, Accessories and Luxury Goods Specialists" for each category...
Summary "The Future of Retailing in Japan to 2020" is based upon an extensive, cross-country, industry research program which brings together Verdict Retail's research, modeling, and analysis expertise in order to develop uniquely detailed market data. It provides detailed quantitative analysis of past and future trends - crucially...
Summary Japanese retail sales grew from JPY94,964.3 billion in 2009 to JPY98,718.0 billion in 2014 at a CAGR of 0.8%. Food and grocery was the largest category group accounting for 56.3% of total Japanese retail sales, which represented a value of JPY55,609.6 billion in 2014. Total retail sales in the country is further expected...