Summary Health and beauty segment in Japan is expected to witness a healthy growth of 3% during 2014-2019. Although the volume sales may reduce due to the declining population, the demand for products such as skin lightening, anti-aging and skin moisturizing products is expected to increase. Per capita spending on personal care products is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% in 2014-2019. Sales through online channel are also expected to witness health growth, given the increasing consumer demand for convenience, variety and low price.
Key Findings - Online spending on health and beauty products accounts for 5.4% of the total retail sales in the segment in 2014
- Bulk of the sales of health and beauty products are sold through offline channels including drug stores and health and beauty stores.
- The health and beauty segment accounts for 4.5% of the overall retail sales in 2014
- Retailers are introducing private labels and extending their portfolios to make the segment more lucrative for customers.
Synopsis “Health and Beauty Retailing in Japan - Market Summary and Forecasts”is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shiftinghealth and beauty retail dynamics from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of health and beauty products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; department stores; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; convenience stores (including independents) and gas stations; duty free retailers; value, variety stores, general merchandise retailers and vending machines
- An overview of key health and beauty retailers operating across Japan and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge onhealth and beauty sector in the Japan retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in health and beauty category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the performance of health and beauty product sector, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the health and beauty market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the health and beauty market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Milk in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers liquid, powdered and flavoured cow's milk. It excludes condensed, evaporated, sour and cultured milk. Market size is based on retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Milk...
Cheese in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers total hard/extra hard, semi-hard, soft, spreadable/processed cheese. It excludes cottage cheese, fromage frais/quark/curd/paneer and cheese dips. Market size is based on retail...
Desserts in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This comprises all packaged frozen, chilled and ambient products which are RTE or need preparation. Most products will contain sugar and/or sweeteners. Market value and volume comprises sales through...
Fabric Care in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers laundry detergents, fabric conditioners and softeners and laundry aids. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer and excludes sales...
Butter and Yellow fats in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all butter, ghee and margarine and spread consumption including table and cooking. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market size...
Baby Food in Japan by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This comprises packaged dry and liquid products designed specifically for babies/infants. It includes: baby formula and growing up milk; other drinks, biscuits/rusks/snacks; cereals; fruit and...