Summary Sales of home and garden products accounted for 8.5% of the total retail sales in 2014. Positive momentum in the economy is expected to restore consumer confidence over the next five years. In addition, a deeper housing market recovery and the government's “Help to Buy? scheme, to increase home ownership, will act as a catalyst for home and garden product sales. Sale through online channel has been gaining momentum over the past few years and the trend is expected to continue through 2019, with the sales through the channel expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.7% during the analysis period.
Key Findings - The Home and Garden market is dominated by domestic retailers and specialist retailer's account for the majority of sales in this product category.
- Garden centers and retail nurseries are the leading channels that drive the garden retail market in the UK.
- Governments “Help to Buy? scheme, to increase home ownership, will act as a catalyst for home and garden product sales.
- Homewares was the largest category within the home and garden products group, accounting for 48.5% of the home and garden products retail market in 2014.
Synopsis “Home and Garden Products Retailing in the UK - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting home and garden products retail dynamics for gardening and outdoor living, home improvement, and homewares from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of home and garden products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Home improvement and gardening supplies retailers; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; home furniture and homewares retailers; department stores; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; other specialist retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; electrical and electronics specialists; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations
- An overview of key home and garden products retailers operating across the UK and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on home and garden products sector in the UK retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in home and garden products category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including gardening and outdoor living; home improvement and homewares, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the home and garden products market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the home and garden products market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Milk in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers liquid, powdered and flavoured cow's milk. It excludes condensed, evaporated, sour and cultured milk. Market size is based on retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Milk in...
Third-party pickup in the UK 2018-2023 Summary "Third-party pickup in the UK 2018-2023", report forms part of GlobalData’s Retail Channels series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the consumer and market dynamics of the third-party pickup channel. The report analyses the market, the main trends,...
Tea and Infusions in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This report covers packaged and unpackaged black, green, oolong, white and Pu'er teas, infusions and yerba mate. It excludes RTD liquid products. Market size is based on retail (off trade)...
Pasta in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all pasta consumption including fresh, dry, frozen, canned and other. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Pasta in UK is given in GBP...
Hair Styling Agents in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers sprays, gels, cream, liquid, mousse and other hair styling agents. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer, but excludes...
Soap, Bath and Shower Products in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers solid and liquid soap, bath and shower products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer. Market size for Soap,...