Summary Sales in sports and leisure equipment accounted for 3.3% of the total retail sales in 2014. Per capita expenditure on sport and leisure equipment stood at GBP161 in 2014, and is expected to reach GBP181 by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 2.4% during 2014-2019. The concept of good living and better lifestyles led to an increase in awareness for health and fitness among people, offering a huge consumption potential over the forecast period.
Key Findings - Sales of sports and leisure equipment are forecasted to accounted for 3.4% of the total retail sales by 2019
- Sales through the online channel are gaining traction, with the channel accounting for 18% of the total sales in the segment.
- Specialist retailers dominate the sport and leisure equipment market in the UK, having accounted for 49% of the sales in the segment
- Sports equipment was the largest category with 71.9% in retail sales in 2014
Synopsis “Sports and Leisure Equipment Retailing in the UK - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting sports and leisure equipment retail dynamics for sports equipment and toys and games from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of sports and leisure equipment through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; department stores; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; Value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists; music, video, book, stationery and entertainment software specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations
- An overview of key sports and leisure equipment retailers operating across the UK and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on sports and leisure equipment sector in the UK's retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in sports and leisure equipment category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including sports equipment and toys and games, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the sports and leisure equipment market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the sports and leisure equipment market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Milk in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers liquid, powdered and flavoured cow's milk. It excludes condensed, evaporated, sour and cultured milk. Market size is based on retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Milk in...
Third-party pickup in the UK 2018-2023 Summary "Third-party pickup in the UK 2018-2023", report forms part of GlobalData’s Retail Channels series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the consumer and market dynamics of the third-party pickup channel. The report analyses the market, the main trends,...
Tea and Infusions in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This report covers packaged and unpackaged black, green, oolong, white and Pu'er teas, infusions and yerba mate. It excludes RTD liquid products. Market size is based on retail (off trade)...
Pasta in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all pasta consumption including fresh, dry, frozen, canned and other. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Pasta in UK is given in GBP...
Hair Styling Agents in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers sprays, gels, cream, liquid, mousse and other hair styling agents. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer, but excludes...
Soap, Bath and Shower Products in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers solid and liquid soap, bath and shower products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer. Market size for Soap,...