Summary MNOs in Europe are playing an active role in the MVAS value chain, thereby expanding their MVAS capabilities through partnerships with technology vendors and local system integrators. Most MVAS offerings in Europe consist of stand-alone services, and MNOs rely mainly on MVAS technology providers, local VARs and system integrators for MVAS planning, design and delivery. Some leading network providers such as EE, Swisscom, O2 and Telenor have developed integrated connectivity, IoT/M2M applications and VAS products for the enterprise market. EE and Swisscom have the most comprehensive MVAS portfolios in the region. Swisscom has developed its IoT/M2M, mobile applications and managed mobile services, accomplishing consistency across its footprint with global support and strategic partnerships.
Key Findings - The European enterprise MVAS market is fairly evolved, combining technological innovation with demand forces that continue to facilitate the further expansion of services. The increasing penetration of LTE and smartphones, the adoption of MVAS platforms, IoT and connected devices and the emergence of FMC networks are the pivotal factors that will drive the growth of MVAS at enterprises over the coming years in Europe.
- Enterprises in the region are prioritizing MVAS in order to empower their mobile workforces with collaboration and productivity tools that are available anywhere anytime. In a survey conducted Pyramid Research's sister company Current Analysis, 69% of European enterprise respondents expect their MVAS spending to increase in the near future, creating new prospects for MNOs and technology vendors in the region.
- MNOs hold a strong position in the European MVAS market. The survey shows that enterprises in Europe often look to large network service providers such as Orange and BT to manage their MVAS. As a group, large ITSPs such as IBM and HP have the second largest share of the MVAS market, a share we expect to expand given IBM's partnership with Apple.
- Operators initially developed MVAS strategies focused on multinational corporations and other large enterprises, only later developing plans focused on the SMB segment.
- When it comes to winning MVAS deals with multinational corporations, local MNOs face strong competition from multinational operators such as EE, Telefónica (O2), Orange and Vodafone that position their business services arms as full ITSPs.
Synopsis 'Mobile Value-Added Services in Europe: Forces Driving and Inhibiting Enterprise MVAS for MNOs,' report provides an in-depth look at the changing landscape of mobile value-added services for enterprises in Europe, covering the topic from M2M and the Internet of Things to application marketplaces and security.
- The report analyzes the enterprise MVAS value chain and the role of MNOs in this expanding opportunity. It also examines the various services offered by mobile operators as a part of their enterprise MVAS portfolios.
- This Insider first presents a taxonomy of enterprise MVAS to provide a conceptual structure for the analysis, taking the perspective of mobile operators.
- We consider the four main categories in which mobile operators can participate: Internet of Things (IoT)/machine-to-machine (M2M) services, enterprise mobile applications, mobile professional services and mobile managed services. The Insider also explores the enterprise MVAS ecosystem and the central role than MNOs can play.
- This report examines enterprise MVAS adoption trends in the European region, analyzing the major forces driving and inhibiting the adoption of MVAS across enterprise segments in the region.
- Through detailed case studies of two MNOs, EE (UK) and Telefonica, it offers a wealth of examples.
- The Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for MNOs and equipment vendors.
Reasons To Buy - The report examines the enterprise MVAS portfolios being offered by MNOs and leading technology vendors in Europe, to enable the telcos to align their product offerings.
- Facilitates in the decision making process, through the insights on the MVAS adoption and the spending plans of MNOs in Europe, based on findings of global enterprise survey.
- Helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the European region's enterprise cloud services opportunity, competitive environment and best practices of the telcos and equipment vendors.
- Contains case studies highlighting the enterprise MVAS portfolios of two leading MNOs in the region, including the strategies being pursued by them to drive their MVAS business.
- Enables the telcos align their product portfolio, by leveraging the information for enterprise cloud services within the SaaS, IaaS and CaaS service categories across the region as well as within specific markets.
- Gain understanding of the competitive landscape and successful strategies, which can be beneficial to local players or prospective market entrants.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
102 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Dec 2018
This report provides a valuable insight into the developments and trends taking place in the worldwide telecoms market. It presents a snapshot of the overall global telecoms market including key statistics such as overall telecoms capital expenditure (CAPEX) and telecoms revenue. Statistics and information on the overall...
ICT Investment Trends in Hong Kong Summary "ICT Investment Trends in Hong Kong", a Customer Insight Survey report by GlobalData, is one of the many products in the Digital Industry product portfolio, which provides an executive-level overview of the enterprise ICT budget trends in the country. The...
This IDC study examines the worldwide enterprise mobile application development platform market for the period from 2017 to 2022, with market growth forecasts by public cloud-owned MADP versus the rest of MADP. A five-year growth forecast for this market is shown for 2018-2022."There remains more than enough untapped opportunity in the enterprise...
This IDC study presents IDC's developer- and DevOps-related top 10 predictions for 2019. "Never before have there been more changes to tools, processes, and deployment environments happening in parallel. If the shift from on-premises to off-premises computing was not enough, few existing applications will become digital-native applications...
This IDC study analyzes the enterprise mobile application development platform (MADP) market in 2017, ranking the top vendors by revenue and discussing market trends that helped shape the market landscape."The past few years of the worldwide enterprise mobile app development market have proven that there are many paths to success for vendors,"...
This IDC Perspective provides an overview of the current state of the enterprise mobile app security testing (MAST) market. It provides an overview of MAST solutions and their value to the enterprise. This document characterizes the types of MAST offerings available today and highlights key characteristics in enterprise mobile app development...
This IDC Perspective represents feedback from 20 customer interviews on mobile application deployment best practices. IDC asked buying organizations, all of which used third-party services firms to build mobile applications, to share what best practices led to the successful rollout of their mobile applications."The surge of mobility continues...
This IDC study describes the opportunities in mobile app development platform (MADP) solutions as well as the strategic initiatives that providers must undertake in order to achieve success in this particular market. IDC considers mobile applications as the starting point of digital transformation in organizations because providers must establish...
ICT Investment Trends in Pharmaceuticals Summary "ICT Investment Trends in Pharmaceuticals", a Customer Insight Survey report by GlobalData, is one of the many products in the Digital Industry product portfolio, which provides an executive-level overview of the enterprise ICT budget trends in the...
"Operators need to consider their strategies now, or edge compute will be more of a threat than an opportunity." This report provides a uniquely detailed map of the market landscape for operators that want to offer edge computing services. It outlines three roles that operators can choose from in the value chain, and...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.