Summary MNOs in Europe are playing an active role in the MVAS value chain, thereby expanding their MVAS capabilities through partnerships with technology vendors and local system integrators. Most MVAS offerings in Europe consist of stand-alone services, and MNOs rely mainly on MVAS technology providers, local VARs and system integrators for MVAS planning, design and delivery. Some leading network providers such as EE, Swisscom, O2 and Telenor have developed integrated connectivity, IoT/M2M applications and VAS products for the enterprise market. EE and Swisscom have the most comprehensive MVAS portfolios in the region. Swisscom has developed its IoT/M2M, mobile applications and managed mobile services, accomplishing consistency across its footprint with global support and strategic partnerships.
Key Findings - The European enterprise MVAS market is fairly evolved, combining technological innovation with demand forces that continue to facilitate the further expansion of services. The increasing penetration of LTE and smartphones, the adoption of MVAS platforms, IoT and connected devices and the emergence of FMC networks are the pivotal factors that will drive the growth of MVAS at enterprises over the coming years in Europe.
- Enterprises in the region are prioritizing MVAS in order to empower their mobile workforces with collaboration and productivity tools that are available anywhere anytime. In a survey conducted Pyramid Research's sister company Current Analysis, 69% of European enterprise respondents expect their MVAS spending to increase in the near future, creating new prospects for MNOs and technology vendors in the region.
- MNOs hold a strong position in the European MVAS market. The survey shows that enterprises in Europe often look to large network service providers such as Orange and BT to manage their MVAS. As a group, large ITSPs such as IBM and HP have the second largest share of the MVAS market, a share we expect to expand given IBM's partnership with Apple.
- Operators initially developed MVAS strategies focused on multinational corporations and other large enterprises, only later developing plans focused on the SMB segment.
- When it comes to winning MVAS deals with multinational corporations, local MNOs face strong competition from multinational operators such as EE, Telefónica (O2), Orange and Vodafone that position their business services arms as full ITSPs.
Synopsis 'Mobile Value-Added Services in Europe: Forces Driving and Inhibiting Enterprise MVAS for MNOs,' report provides an in-depth look at the changing landscape of mobile value-added services for enterprises in Europe, covering the topic from M2M and the Internet of Things to application marketplaces and security.
- The report analyzes the enterprise MVAS value chain and the role of MNOs in this expanding opportunity. It also examines the various services offered by mobile operators as a part of their enterprise MVAS portfolios.
- This Insider first presents a taxonomy of enterprise MVAS to provide a conceptual structure for the analysis, taking the perspective of mobile operators.
- We consider the four main categories in which mobile operators can participate: Internet of Things (IoT)/machine-to-machine (M2M) services, enterprise mobile applications, mobile professional services and mobile managed services. The Insider also explores the enterprise MVAS ecosystem and the central role than MNOs can play.
- This report examines enterprise MVAS adoption trends in the European region, analyzing the major forces driving and inhibiting the adoption of MVAS across enterprise segments in the region.
- Through detailed case studies of two MNOs, EE (UK) and Telefonica, it offers a wealth of examples.
- The Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for MNOs and equipment vendors.
Reasons To Buy - The report examines the enterprise MVAS portfolios being offered by MNOs and leading technology vendors in Europe, to enable the telcos to align their product offerings.
- Facilitates in the decision making process, through the insights on the MVAS adoption and the spending plans of MNOs in Europe, based on findings of global enterprise survey.
- Helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the European region's enterprise cloud services opportunity, competitive environment and best practices of the telcos and equipment vendors.
- Contains case studies highlighting the enterprise MVAS portfolios of two leading MNOs in the region, including the strategies being pursued by them to drive their MVAS business.
- Enables the telcos align their product portfolio, by leveraging the information for enterprise cloud services within the SaaS, IaaS and CaaS service categories across the region as well as within specific markets.
- Gain understanding of the competitive landscape and successful strategies, which can be beneficial to local players or prospective market entrants.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC Market Perspective evaluates the impact of eSIM development on the business-to-consumer (B2C) and B2B markets. "IDC believes that in the long term, both remote provisioning and eSIM technologies are likely to be adopted in all device segments, " said Dusanka Radonicic, senior research analyst, IDC EMEA Mobility. "We expect traditional...
7590 pages •
By Netscribes (India) Pvt. Ltd.
• Jun 2018
Europe 5G market The fifth generation of mobile technology (5G technology) is expected to cater to the demand and provide the business frameworks needed by and beyond 2020. In addition to driving a connected society, 5G wireless technology will bring about socio-economic transformations through productivity, sustainability and well-being....
Mobile Broadband Trends in Europe Summary Europe’s population was estimated to be 833 million at 2017-end and will reach 843 million by 2022-end. Declining birth rates in Europe will result in slower population growth of 0.2% CAGR over the 2017-2022 period. With this Mobile user penetration reached...
Service Revenue Opportunities in Retail, Automotive and Transport, Healthcare, Aerospace and Defence, Industrial and Manufacturing, Security, Utilities/ Energy, Financial Services, Government and Other Report Details M2M – our new study reveals trends, R&D progress, and predicted revenues Where is the M2M market...
IoT in Europe: Market opportunities and main applications Summary IoT refers to the holistic interconnection of services, applications, business processes, people and devices with the network or Internet in order to share information and perform certain tasks without any human interventions. Europe will be the...
This IDC study focuses on the main options available to mobile operators for offering LPWA connectivity services. It examines the pros and cons of these options as well as the factors that will come into play when mobile operators choose between them. It reviews the ways in which the European mobile operators are approaching the question of...