Summary Beer continued to be the most consumed alcohol beverage in Nigeria. However, it continued to feel the strain from FABs products. Imports remain small and expensive. They are mainly transit brands as the importation of all beer has been prohibited since 2003. Consumers moved towards cheaper discount beer and away from expensive premium and superpremium brands due to cost cutting trends among Nigerian consumers.
Key Findings - SABMiller showed volume growth due to expanded distribution of its key brands.
- Glass bottles continued to be the leading pack mix with 60 cl being the most popular size.
- Off-premise consumption is more geared towards events and parties but continued to lose share.
- Due to operational challenges and cost profiles, brewers have not been able to properly explore the export market.
Synopsis Canadean's Nigeria Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Nigeria beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy - Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Nigeria beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Nigeria beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Nigeria beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The report on the global chocolate beer market provides qualitative and quantitative analysis for the period from 2016 to 2024. The report predicts the global chocolate beer market to grow with a CAGR of 9.8% over the forecast period from 2018-2024. The study on chocolate beer market covers the analysis of the leading...
300 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Jan 2019
Beer Manufacturing (Breweries) Market Global Report 2019 from The Business Research Company provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global beer manufacturing (breweries) market. Reasons to Purchase • Gain a truly global perspective with the most...
The report on the global beer market provides qualitative and quantitative analysis for the period from 2016 to 2024. The report predicts the global beer market to grow with a CAGR of 2.3% over the forecast period from 2018-2024. The study on beer market covers the analysis of the leading geographies such as North America,...
103 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Nov 2018
About this market The growing demand for low-alcohol beer is identified as one of the key trends that will gain traction in the market for the next four years. With an increasing focus on healthy food and adoption of healthier lifestyle, the preference for beer styles with low alcohol and calories is increasing in the US....
48 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Nov 2018
Alcoholic drinks recorded positive growth in volume and current value terms in 2017. However, categories such as beer have begun to show signs of maturity, after displaying a double-digit growth rate over the review period. Beer managed to maintain its large consumer base, but its growth rate has decelerated, since now it caters to a wide...
The Global Beer Market is poised to grow strong during the forecast period 2017 to 2027.. Some of the prominent trends that the market is witnessing include innovative products with flavored and craft beer and growing demand for imported beer. Depending on Product, market is segregated into Light beer and Strong...
52 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Nov 2018
Company strategies in alcoholic drinks vary significantly across categories, especially the main three – beer, wine and spirits. In many cases, there is limited scope for further large-scale acquisitions. However, in addition to organic growth, takeovers continue to play a key role in expansion strategies. At the same time, alcoholic drinks...
Key Trends in Alcoholic Beverages: Powerful changes shaping the wine, beer, spirits and alcohol-free beverages industry Summary The alcoholic beverage industry is undergoing some significant changes at present and whilst there are some good opportunities for growth and innovation developing, there...
United National Breweries (SA) (Pty) Limited - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report Summary United National Breweries (SA) (Pty) Limited - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation,...
More on tap: Increasing consumer spending will yield mild gains for the industry Abstract Beer Wholesaling in the US The Beer Wholesaling industry experienced a few challenges over the five years to 2018, mainly due to volatile gas prices. However, the industry continues to benefit from the preservation...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.