Strategic Analysis of the North American Automotive OES Channel : In-vehicle Technologies and Multibrand Strategies Yield Opportunities
This research service offers a strategic analysis of the original equipment service (OES) channel of the North American automotive aftermarket. This channel is made up of franchised automobile dealerships offering parts and service to consumers, in competition with independent garages and distributors. The study includes revenue forecasts and analyzes opportunities specific to the OES channel, including telematics and private-labeling. Consumer insights are offered through the inclusion of customer research. Also, research includes profiles of major dealership groups and analysis of their strategic approaches to increasing parts and service revenue. The study period is 2011 to 2021 using a base year of 2014. Major conclusions are presented.
Executive Summary—Key Highlights of 2014
The total OES channel size for parts & service is forecast to grow at a CAGR of % between 2014 to 2021.
Automotive OES Channel: Key Highlights, North America, 2014
Market size/ growth
• The original equipment service (OES) channel size for parts and service was $ billion in 2014 at the retail level and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of % to reach $ billion in 2021. The growth factors comprise numerous strategies adopted by OES participants such as quick service at competitive prices with more service bays added at dealerships.
Drivers and restraints
• Increasing vehicles in operation (VIO), longer OE warranty terms that cause vehicles to stay in the OES channel longer, the OES channel’s value proposition of superior technician training, and part quality are the key growth drivers.
• Increase in numbers of > -year-old vehicles is a restraint for the OES channel because such these vehicle owners are more likely to migrate to independent aftermarket (IAM) for cost reasons. Also, an increase in minor maintenance intervals will mean less vehicles visiting the OES channel during the warranty period.
Revenue by product or service type
• Minor maintenance parts and service comprise 47.5% of the OES channel’s revenues followed my mechanical repair at % and collision repair at %.
• The OES channel held ? % of the minor maintenance market in revenues. The OES channel is well positioned due to an advantage in the number of services performed, as well as higher pricing overall.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This study covers the independent automotive aftermarket vehicle service technicians’ choice of tools. The survey was conducted using a computer-assisted telephone interview methodology in 2020. In total, 523 automotive technicians were surveyed for this research.To qualify as a respondent, an automotive technician has to be working...
Automotive Aftermarket Market - Revenue, Trends, Growth Opportunities, Competition, COVID Strategies, Regional Analysis and Future outlook to 2030 (by products, applications, end cases) Automotive After Market Overview Automotive After Market Research Report - is comprehensive research with in-depth data...
Automotive Wheels Aftermarket Market - Revenue, Trends, Growth Opportunities, Competition, COVID Strategies, Regional Analysis and Future outlook to 2030 (by products, applications, end cases) Automotive Wheels After Market Overview Automotive Wheels After Market Research Report - is comprehensive research...
IAL Consultants has updated its in-depth market report on Polyurethane Chemicals and Products in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Geographical coverage of the report is as follows: Western Europe (12 countries/regions) - Austria, Benelux, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Nordic Region, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland,...
Down the road: The growing technological complexity of cars will likely drive more individuals to seek expertise from industry establishments. Abstract Auto Maintenance & Repair Franchises The Auto Maintenance and Repair Franchises industry has experienced steady growth over the five years to 2018....
Just like new: Demand for industry products will likely increase as the economy recovers Abstract New Car Dealers in the US The New Car Dealers industry is highly fragmented and experiences a very low level of market share concentration. In 2019, the four largest industry operators are expected...
Global chemicals production grew 9.5% y/y in Q2 2021, more than we had expected. This is largely driven by the strong recovery in key end-use markets, such as automotives and construction, but also reflects positive base effects.
Automotive filters market post COVID-19 is estimated to grow from USD 19.5 billion in 2021 to USD 23.1 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period. Factors contributing to growth of automotive filters market can be attributed to stringent emission and fuel economy regulations. Moreover, advancement in filtering technology...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.