Success Case Study: Seven Premium - Raising Private Label to Powerful Destination Brand Status
- October 2015
- Report ID: 3340889
The growth of the private label market has proven to be an enduring trend around the world. What was initially dismissed as consumers responding to the global economic downturn by shopping for private label products as a “necessary evil” has now been established as being far more than that - private labels are here to stay, and winning share. Even in Japan, where the consumer perception of private label quality is markedly lower than in the West, there is evidence of retailers having success with their own labels.
- Launched in 2007, Seven Premium is a quality-driven private label pursuing improvement, and has successfully built consumers' loyalty to the brand. The brand has grown significantly by overtaking the previous leader Topvalu, and is expecting to reach $8.3bn sales in 2015.
- The success of Seven Premium has been led by its own product development process in which the brand continues to seek innovative approaches, and its products meet changeable consumer needs and trends.
Success Case Study: Seven Premium - Raising Private Label to Powerful Destination Brand Status is part of Canadean Consumer's Successes and Failures research and explores one of most successful private label brand Seven Premium in Japan.
- WHAT? Understand the background to Seven Eleven in Japan, and how the Seven Premium brand was established
- WHY? Discover how product development tapped into key needstates of Japanese consumers
- TAKE-OUT: Learn powerful lessons from the success that can have a tangible impact on your own brand's success
Reasons To Buy
- Use Canadean's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.