Summary The cider market in Belgium grew on account of new hip and trendy ciders entering the market. Bulmers introduced itself to the market with three different ciders. The Belgian cider market has been stable for years as people stuck to the brands they liked and knew, however it is now showing growth.
Key Findings - Hip and trendy ciders are having huge success in Belgium
- Bulmers cider entered the market after seeing the success of Somersby
- Somersby has dented the 75cl glass bottle packaged market with is 33cl glass bottle and can formats
Synopsis Canadean's Belgium Cider Market Insights 2015 Report provides a complete overview of the Belgium cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2014 performance and 2015 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2010-2014 actual detailed cider consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2015 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2004-2014 with forecasts for 2015
- Value by distribution channel 2010-2014, with 2015 forecasts
- Details of key cider new product launches in 2014 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the cider market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the cider market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy - Gain in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Belgium cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Belgium cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Compare and track the performance of brands and brewers to develop a competitive advantage
- Understand volume vs value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Identify how brewers can capitalise on current consumer trends and increase brand volume and profit by expanding operations into new areas such as cider
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Belgium cider market
- View a selection of the key 2014 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Belgium Beer and Cider Market Insights 2017 Summary GlobalData’s Belgium Beer and Cider Market Insights 2017 report provides a complete overview of the Belgium beer and cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2016 performance and 2017 outlook. Scope Covering...
94 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• May 2017
The excise duty increases in November 2015 had a strong impact on total volume sales of alcoholic drinks in 2016. The hike in the average unit prices of key categories spirits and wine depressed volume sales. The impact on value sales varied, with spirits seeing a strong decrease, but wine registering growth. Beer, however, was...
Summary Cider was the only category across alcoholic beverages to prosper in 2015. Cider sales benefited from double-digit gains and a slightly augmented market share. Performance was mainly driven by booming sales in the premium price segment in the off-premise. Cider, traditionally marketed as a seasonal alcoholic drink, was and...