Summary Cider has continued to grow albeit at a slightly lower rate than that seen at the start of the decade. This growth is set to continue and has largely been led by imported products such as Magners and Old Mout. Another imported brand Rekorderlig experienced very high on-premise sales at a high price point. The leading brand however remains as Strongbow
Key Findings - Somersby has seen the most growth due to its perceived high quality at a low price point.
- Premium cider saw the lowest growth rate, with superpremium and craft cider having the highest increase.
- CUB will remain the market leader followed by Asahi.
- Woolworths Australia are the main player in Private Label cider.
Synopsis Canadean's Australia Cider Market Insights 2015 Report provides a complete overview of the Australia cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2014 performance and 2015 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2010-2014 actual detailed cider consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2015 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2004-2014 with forecasts for 2015
- Value by distribution channel 2010-2014, with 2015 forecasts
- Details of key cider new product launches in 2014 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the cider market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the cider market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy - Gain in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Australia cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Australia cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Compare and track the performance of brands and brewers to develop a competitive advantage
- Understand volume vs value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Identify how brewers can capitalise on current consumer trends and increase brand volume and profit by expanding operations into new areas such as cider
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Australia cider market
- View a selection of the key 2014 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
28 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jun 2018
Similar to beer and RTDs, cider/perry remained a lighter beverage options for Australians looking to moderate their alcohol intake in 2017. In addition, off-trade sales of cider/perry are being aided by the numerous drinking occasions cider/perries can be consumed on, such as outdoor events with friends to barbecues and dinners. Cider/perry...
76 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jun 2018
Alcoholic drinks in Australia continued to feel the impact of growing health consciousness. As a result, per capita volume consumption of alcohol has largely been in decline since 2008. In addition, research from the Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE) found that only 77% of Australian adults consumed alcohol in 2017. With...
Apple of my eye: Cider’s popularity has grown, despite reduced alcohol consumption Abstract Cider Production in Australia Industry firms produce a range of ciders through fermentation. Ciders include apple, pear and a range of other non-traditional cider flavours. This report...
Beer & Cider in Australia Summary Beer & Cider in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial...
Summary Temperatures in Australia were above average for most of the year, with several periods of record warmth. The higher temperatures had a positive effect on total beverage consumption. Cider in Australia enjoyed strong growth in 2015, ahead of the other alcoholic beverage categories, thanks to its mainstream price positioning...