Summary The breakfast market of the next five years will differ significantly from that of a few years ago, as consumer attitudes to what to eat, when, where, and how are changing rapidly. This evolution has seen the growing prevalence of convenient offerings, aimed at those living busy lives and who are pushed for time in the morning. Health needs are also being emphasized more by specialists, and consumers are monitoring their intake of 'bad-for-you' products more closely, looking to make a healthier start to the day. Having said this, the taste aspect still remains important, especially for children, who want the tastiest and most indulgent products.
Key Findings - The cereal bars and energy bars categories should be targeted by manufacturers due to current low levels of consumption in developing countries. Manufacturers can emphasize the convenience aspect of such products as they can be consumed on-the-go, helping those with busy lives
- On weekends, in particular, consumers can take the time to fully enjoy their morning meal, with variety and novelty replacing the usual weekday routine. Consumers are significantly less likely to skip the morning meal during the weekends than during the week
- The health implications of breakfast products, especially those high in sugar and artificial ingredients, come later on in life, with kids focusing on the taste and indulgence aspect of products
- Convenience, more than health or taste, will be the most important aspect of the Breakfast market over the next few years. Manufacturers are responding with compact pack formats, which aid consumption on-the-go. Tasty breakfast alternatives, such as cereal bars, are also set to grow in demand
- Retired consumers are least likely to skip breakfast, whether it's on the weekend or a weekday. These consumers should be targeted with healthy products, but those that still keep taste and indulgence as a core need state
Synopsis The “Examining new trends in the breakfast market and the opportunities for food manufacturers” report by Canadean shows the best opportunities in the breakfast market by looking at how consumer needs change by age in five core consumer need states: taste, health, convenience, ethics, and free-from. Convenience is fast becoming an important consideration, and for some consumers, due to their busy lives, is the key motivator. For others, such as kids, taste and indulgence remain the most important factors.
What else does this report offer?
- Splits consumers into different age groups to provide a more holistic and complete understanding of what motivates them in each respective consumer need state
- Provides recommendations that will help manufacturers better meet the consumer need state
- Case studies examining the approach retailers and CPG brands have taken when it comes to trying to enhance or meet consumer demand in areas such as taste and health
- Product examples showing how innovation leaders are successfully targeting shoppers
Reasons To Buy - Know what new opportunities you should target in the Breakfast market, and what changes you need to make to your product or brand in order to pursue them
- Gain an insight into what motivates consumer behavior in the Breakfast market, and what trends are likely to influence future behavior
- Learn from the most innovative breakfast products launched worldwide
- Find out what is motivating consumers' purchasing decisions in the breakfast market, through the results from Canadean's frequent global surveys
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
KEY FINDINGS Text Analytics Market in Europe is expected to exhibit a substantial growth over the forecast period of 2018-2026 by growing at a CAGR of 19.80%. Monetizing of social media analytics, the emergence of multilingual text analytics to break the language barrier, growing social media and smartphone users and the...
KEY FINDINGS Legalization of cannabis for medical purposes has given a huge boost to the cannabis testing market. By the end of the forecast period of 2018-2026, the Europe cannabis testing market is predicted to exhibit a CAGR of 10.50%. MARKET INSIGHTS The market segments include cannabis testing...
Report Description: The Next Gen SIEM market report provides an in-depth analysis of the market size, forecasts, and opportunities of Next-Gen SIEM Platforms and Services targeted at SMBs and Enterprises. Services analyzed in the study include Professional Services and Managed Services. Professional services...
Global automotive growth is expected to cool on slowing global trade and persistent trade policy uncertainty. Following last year's 5.3% expansion, the sector's output is expected to rise by 4.6% in 2018, and 3.5% in 2019. Once again, growth is being driven by the emerging markets - especially China, India, and Eastern Europe.
KEY FINDINGS The key application of big data market is in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors in Europe. By the end of the projected years of 2018-2026, the Europe big data market is forecasted to rise with a CAGR of 18.04%. MARKET INSIGHTS At present, the UK big data market accounts for...
KEY FINDINGS Clustered regularly interspaced short palindrome repeats (CRISPR) are fragments of prokaryotic DNA containing short redundancies of base sequences. The European market for CRISPR is anticipated to evolve with 35.19% CAGR over the forecast period of 2018-2026. MARKET INSIGHTS U.K market...