Summary Producers are investing in shelf-stable iterations of non-artificial, color-rich ingredients to boost the visual, and implied, nutritional appeal of their products. Even using natural-sounding colors aligns with wider consumer concerns; the food and drink industry is taking note of this with innovation reflecting the novel appeal and greater versatility of natural color solutions.
Key Findings - Color is the primary indicator of food and drink quality, taste, and ultimately likelihood of trial and acceptance. It is well-documented that we "eat with our eyes," before we ever smell or taste, yet a wider shift in market focus means that food and drink colors are at the fore of product innovation and consumer interest more than ever.
- Color can influence perceived taste experiences, and also has a pre-emptive influence on appeal. Given the shift towards clear packaging, product color has never been so important.
- High focus on what makes up food and drink also comes at a time when positive sentiment towards "genetically modified" products is declining. While not an intrinsic indicator of attitudes towards artificial colors or ingredients, that sentiment towards GMOs has fallen so severely over a two-year period indicates a wider market distrust of non-natural produce.
Synopsis Canadean's Food and Drink Color Report outlines the key issues and opportunities facing color in the food and drinks space, moving beyond producer actions and commitments to understand the consumer behaviors that are driving the change.
Your key questions answered:
- Just how important is food and drink color to consumers?
- How do attitudes to color change among frequent consumers of processed foods?
- What is the rainbow diet, and what does it imply for consumer behaviors and my industry?
- How can I capture interest in "natural" products, while maintaining my colorful food and drink proposition?
Reasons To Buy - Use proprietary consumer data to understand attitudes towards food and drink color.
- Compare the health and psychophysiological associations of prominent colored ingredients, by hue.
- See the actions that major brands are taking to get ahead of the shifting market attitude towards artificial and natural color.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Report Synopsis Food & beverages and oil & gas sectors are the two largest consumers of Xanthan gum globally, where these two applications segments are estimated to corner a market share in excess of 80% together. Xanthan gum is used in wide range food products, such as sauces, dressings, meat and poultry products, bakery...
110 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Oct 2018
About Rum Rum is a distilled alcoholic drink and is prepared from sugarcane byproducts like molasses or directly from sugarcane juice by fermentation and distillation. Technavio’s analysts forecast the Global Rum Market to grow at a CAGR of 1.91% during the period 2018-2022. Covered in this report The...
The integrated food ingredients market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9%. The integrated food ingredients market is estimated at USD 60.90 billion in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% to reach USD 77.48 billion by 2023. The market is driven by factors such as increasing R&D and technological advancements in various industries,...
Global Food Preservatives Market: Analysis By Type (Antioxidants, Antimicrobials, Others), By Application (Bakery, Dairy Products, Meat & Poultry, Beverage, Others), By Region, By Country (2018 Edition): Forecast to 2023 – By region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, ROW), By Country (U.S, Mexico, Canada, U.K, Germany, France, China,...
Global Oleoresins Market, By Product (Paprika, Black Pepper, Capsicum, Turmeric, Ginger, Onion and Others), By Application (Food and beverage, Flavours, Pharmaceuticals and Others), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC and ROW), By Country (U.S, Canada, Mexico, U.K, Germany, Spain, India, China, Japan, Brazil) Executive...
109 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Oct 2018
About Matcha Green Tea Powder Matcha refers to the finely ground green tea powder manufactured from shade-grown green tea leaves. Macha green tea powder is a concentrated source of many nutrients, antioxidants, and minerals. Technavio’s analysts forecast the Global Matcha Green Tea Powder Market to grow at a...