Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- July 2017
- 54 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is an automobile and mobility company. It designs, manufactures, markets, finances and services automobiles. It offers a wide range of products such as cars, crossovers and SUVs, electric vehicles, trucks and vans, besides vehicle parts and accessories. It markets its products under brands such as Ford, Ford-Lincoln and Lincoln. Ford offers automotive financing services through Ford Motor Credit Company. It offers its products and services to retail customers, government entities, daily rental companies, and fleet customers. The company operates through a network of distribution centers and warehouses, research and development facilities, sales offices and manufacturing facilities in North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa. Ford is headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, the US.
Ford Motor Company Key Recent Developments
Apr 24,2017: Ford Confirms First Fleets to Join the Transit Plug-In Hybrid Vans
Apr 06,2017: Ford Announces Ambitious China Electrification Strategy; Confirms Two New EVs for China, Broad Range by 2025
Dec 28,2016: Ford unveils its next gen self-driving car and adds 20 vehicles to its test fleet
Nov 29,2016: BMW Group, Daimler AG, Ford Motor Company and Volkswagen Group with Audi & Porsche Plan a Joint Venture for Ultra-Fast, High-Power Charging Along Major Highways in Europe
Feb 10,2016: Ford North American Headquarter Facilities Go Landfill-Free
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Ford Motor Company - Key Facts 5
Ford Motor Company - Key Employees 6
Ford Motor Company - Key Employee Biographies 8
Ford Motor Company - Major Products and Services 9
Ford Motor Company - History 10
Ford Motor Company - Company Statement 23
Ford Motor Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 25
Head Office 25
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 25
Joint Venture 27
Section 2 – Company Analysis 29
Ford Motor Company - Business Description 29
Ford Motor Company - Corporate Strategy 30
Ford Motor Company - SWOT Analysis 31
SWOT Analysis - Overview 31
Ford Motor Company - Strengths 31
Ford Motor Company - Weaknesses 32
Ford Motor Company - Opportunities 33
Ford Motor Company - Threats 34
Ford Motor Company - Key Competitors 35
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 36
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 36
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 37
Performance Chart 40
Financial Performance 40
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 41
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 42
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 43
Apr 24, 2017: Ford Confirms First Fleets to Join the Transit Plug-In Hybrid Vans 43
Apr 06, 2017: Ford Announces Ambitious China Electrification Strategy; Confirms Two New EVs for China, Broad Range by 2025 44
Dec 28, 2016: Ford unveils its next gen self-driving car and adds 20 vehicles to its test fleet 46
Nov 29, 2016: BMW Group, Daimler AG, Ford Motor Company and Volkswagen Group with Audi & Porsche Plan a Joint Venture for Ultra-Fast, High-Power Charging Along Major Highways in Europe 47
Feb 10, 2016: Ford North American Headquarter Facilities Go Landfill-Free 48
Jan 18, 2016: Ford Motor & Henry Ford Health System Bringing Health Care to the Car 49
Section 5 – Appendix 50
Ratio Definitions 50
About GlobalData 54
Contact Us 54
List of Tables
Ford Motor Company, Key Facts 5
Ford Motor Company, Key Employees 6
Ford Motor Company, Key Employee Biographies 8
Ford Motor Company, Major Products and Services 9
Ford Motor Company, History 10
Ford Motor Company, Other Locations 25
Ford Motor Company, Subsidiaries 26
Ford Motor Company, Joint Venture 27
Ford Motor Company, Key Competitors 35
Ford Motor Company, Ratios based on current share price 36
Ford Motor Company, Annual Ratios 37
Ford Motor Company, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 38
Ford Motor Company, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 39
Ford Motor Company, Interim Ratios 41
Currency Codes 50
Capital Market Ratios 50
Equity Ratios 51
Profitability Ratios 51
Cost Ratios 52
Liquidity Ratios 52
Leverage Ratios 53
Efficiency Ratios 53
List of Figures
Ford Motor Company, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 40
Ford Motor Company, Ratio Charts 42
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
- Volkswagen AG
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Renault-Nissan BV
- PSA Group
- Mack Trucks, Inc.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- General Motors Company
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V.