Continental Aktiengesellschaft (CON) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- July 2017
- 39 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Continental Aktiengesellschaft (Continental) is a supplier of automotive parts. It offers brake systems, powertrains components, chassis, instrumentation, infotainment solutions, vehicle electronics, tires and technical elastomers. It also specializes in the production and development of networked active and passive safety systems, engine systems, actuators, infotainment, and telematics, air spring systems, intelligent transportation systems, and sensor technology. The company products are offered under several brands including ATE, VDO, Uniroyal, Phoenix, Barum, Benecke-Kaliko, Continental, ContiTech, Euzkadi, General Tire, Mabor, Matador, and Paguag, among others. Continental has operations in several countries across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America, Canada and the US. The company is headquartered at Hanover, Germany.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Key Facts 5
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Key Employees 6
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Key Employee Biographies 7
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Key Operational Employees 8
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Major Products and Services 9
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - History 12
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Company Statement 17
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Business Description 20
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Corporate Strategy 21
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis - Overview 22
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Strengths 22
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Weaknesses 23
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Opportunities 24
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Threats 25
Continental Aktiengesellschaft - Key Competitors 26
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 33
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Recent Deals Summary 34
Section 4 – Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List of Tables
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Key Facts 5
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Key Employees 6
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Key Employee Biographies 7
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Key Operational Employees 8
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Major Products and Services 9
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, History 12
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Subsidiaries 18
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Key Competitors 26
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Ratios based on current share price 27
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Annual Ratios 28
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 30
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Interim Ratios 32
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Recent Deals Summary 34
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
List of Figures
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 31
Continental Aktiengesellschaft, Ratio Charts 33
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Robert Bosch Limitada
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Pirelli & C. S.p.A.
- Denso Corporation
- Delphi Automotive Plc
- Dana Corporation
- Bridgestone Corporation
- Belshina Ltd.