Ferro Corporation (FOE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- July 2017
- 43 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Ferro Corporation (Ferro) is a chemical company that carries out the supply of technology-based performance chemicals and materials. Its products include frits, porcelain and other glass enamels, glazes, stains, decorating colors, pigments, inks, polishing materials, specialty dielectrics, electronic glasses, polymer additives, engineered plastic compounds, and pigment dispersions. The company offers its products to industries such as building and renovation, industrial appliances, household furnishings, transportation, industrial products, electronics, automobiles and packaging. The company generally markets and sells its products directly to its customers. It also uses indirect sales channels such as agents and distributors to deliver its products. The company has operations in Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Ferro is headquartered in Ohio, the US.
Ferro Corporation Key Recent Developments
Apr 25,2017: Ferro Reports Robust First Quarter 2017 Performance And Updates Full-Year Guidance
Mar 01,2017: Ferro Reports Strong Fourth-Quarter And Full Year Results; Driven By Higher-value Portfolio As Growth Strategy Continues
Feb 14,2017: Ferro Refinances Debt And Expands Capacity To $1 Billion To Enhance Capital Structure And Finance Growth Strategy
Nov 02,2016: Ferro Grows Sales And Profitability In Third Quarter; Affirms 2016 Guidance
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Ferro Corporation - Key Facts 5
Ferro Corporation - Key Employees 6
Ferro Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 7
Ferro Corporation - Major Products and Services 8
Ferro Corporation - History 9
Ferro Corporation - Company Statement 12
Ferro Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Joint Venture 15
Section 2 – Company Analysis 17
Ferro Corporation - Business Description 17
Ferro Corporation - Corporate Strategy 18
Ferro Corporation - SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
Ferro Corporation - Strengths 19
Ferro Corporation - Weaknesses 20
Ferro Corporation - Opportunities 21
Ferro Corporation - Threats 22
Ferro Corporation - Key Competitors 23
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Ferro Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 32
Apr 25, 2017: Ferro Reports Robust First Quarter 2017 Performance And Updates Full-Year Guidance 32
Mar 01, 2017: Ferro Reports Strong Fourth-Quarter And Full Year Results; Driven By Higher-value Portfolio As Growth Strategy Continues 34
Feb 14, 2017: Ferro Refinances Debt And Expands Capacity To $1 Billion To Enhance Capital Structure And Finance Growth Strategy 36
Nov 02, 2016: Ferro Grows Sales And Profitability In Third Quarter; Affirms 2016 Guidance 37
Section 5 – Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List of Tables
Ferro Corporation, Key Facts 5
Ferro Corporation, Key Employees 6
Ferro Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 7
Ferro Corporation, Major Products and Services 8
Ferro Corporation, History 9
Ferro Corporation, Subsidiaries 14
Ferro Corporation, Joint Venture 15
Ferro Corporation, Key Competitors 23
Ferro Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 24
Ferro Corporation, Annual Ratios 25
Ferro Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 26
Ferro Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 27
Ferro Corporation, Interim Ratios 29
Ferro Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 31
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
List of Figures
Ferro Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 28
Ferro Corporation, Ratio Charts 30
- The Valspar Corporation
- RPM International Inc.
- Rockwood Holdings, Inc.
- PolyOne Corporation
- Huntsman Corporation
- Axiall Corporation
- Akzo Nobel N.V.