Summary The Italian economy continues its fragile recovery. GDP growth was mainly driven by increased consumer spending, above all in the durable goods sector. Unemployment rose but is showing the first signs of improvement. Consumer prices declined slightly on a monthly basis. There was a slight improvement in year-to-date retail sales. PL brands outperformed the market, mainly thanks to renewed gains in the packaged water category.
Key Findings - July 2015 was the hottest July since records began in 1800 aiding growth across most beverage categories
- Sales of soft drinks grew in Q3-15, principally thanks to the record high temperatures which boosted sales across all categories
- Alcoholic drinks consumption increased largely due to improved beer sales, with outdoor on-premise consumption boosted by the exceptionally high temperatures
- Liquid dairy volume sales decreased owing to a continued disaffection towards dairy products
Synopsis Canadean's Italy Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-15 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2015 vs Q3-2014, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2015 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2015 vs Q3-2014, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2015 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2015
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavour, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavours and innovation
Reasons To Buy - Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Italy beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Italy to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2015 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Spirits in Italy Summary Spirits in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial...
Energy Drinks in Italy by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers sugar-free and regular energy drinks and shots. Energy drinks are marketed with additives specifically designed to increase alertness. Market size comprises sales through...
In June 2017, a major incident in a public square in Turin during a soccer match projection resulted in the injury of 1,500 people. In response, the Italian government introduced new regulations, including a restriction on glass packaging during public events for security reasons. Heineken, Carlsberg, Dreher, Ceres, Bavaria and Twins Beer,...
Coffee and tea are expected to post dynamic volume growth over the forecast period, thus positively impacting packaging sales in these areas. The emergence of pod machine systems in both areas is being fuelled by the evolving competitive landscape. With the introduction of new players, prices are expected to decline following sharp increases...
28 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jun 2018
Smaller packaging formats are expected to continue gaining ground within soft drinks in Italy over the coming years. In particular, this strategy will be adopted by players looking to differentiate themselves from competitors. Companies are expected to gradually innovate their offers through product segmentation and packaging that is better...
24 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jun 2018
Despite a strong trend towards products with natural ingredients, demand for fortified/functional products, and therefore also fortified/functional beverages, will grow over the forecast period. Many consumers are showing growing interest in their overall health and are thus looking to increase daily intake of vitamins and minerals. Therefore,...