Dover Corporation (DOV) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- July 2017
- 48 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Dover Corporation (Dover) is a diversified manufacturer of specialized industrial products and equipment. The company offers precision marketing and coding; digital textile printing; soldering and dispensing equipment; glove ports; robotic grippers; rotor and linear mechanical indexers, automation components; pumps and compressors; refrigeration display cases; specialty glass, commercial refrigerators, conveyer systems and packaging machines, among others. Dover also offers engineering, testing and other support services. The company offers its products to customers in drilling and production, bearing and compression, automation, oil refining markets, retail fueling, chemical, hygiene and industrial markets. Along with its subsidiaries, the company operates across North America, South America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Dover is headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, the US.
Dover Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jul 20,2017: Dover Reports Second Quarter 2017 Results And Raises Full Year Revenue And EPS Guidance
May 05,2017: Dover announces appointment of vice president and controller
Apr 20,2017: Dover Q1 net earnings up
Feb 09,2017: Dover appoints new independent director
Jan 26,2017: Dover Q4 net earnings up and provides guidance for 2017
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Dover Corporation - Key Facts 5
Dover Corporation - Key Employees 6
Dover Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 7
Dover Corporation - Major Products and Services 8
Dover Corporation - History 10
Dover Corporation - Company Statement 14
Dover Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Dover Corporation - Business Description 20
Dover Corporation - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Dover Corporation - Strengths 21
Dover Corporation - Weaknesses 22
Dover Corporation - Opportunities 23
Dover Corporation - Threats 24
Dover Corporation - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 32
Dover Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 34
Jul 20, 2017: Dover Reports Second Quarter 2017 Results And Raises Full Year Revenue And EPS Guidance 34
May 05, 2017: Dover announces appointment of vice president and controller 35
Apr 20, 2017: Dover Q1 net earnings up 36
Feb 09, 2017: Dover appoints new independent director 37
Jan 26, 2017: Dover Q4 net earnings up and provides guidance for 2017 38
Oct 19, 2016: Dover Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results 39
Aug 03, 2016: Beach Energy Announces Monthly Drilling Report For July 2016 40
Jul 06, 2016: Beach Energy Announces Monthly Drilling Report For June 2016 42
Jun 01, 2016: Beach Energy Announces Monthly Drilling Report For May 2016 43
Section 5 – Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List of Tables
Dover Corporation, Key Facts 5
Dover Corporation, Key Employees 6
Dover Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 7
Dover Corporation, Major Products and Services 8
Dover Corporation, History 10
Dover Corporation, Subsidiaries 17
Dover Corporation, Key Competitors 25
Dover Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
Dover Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
Dover Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
Dover Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
Dover Corporation, Interim Ratios 31
Dover Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 33
Currency Codes 44
Capital Market Ratios 44
Equity Ratios 45
Profitability Ratios 45
Cost Ratios 46
Liquidity Ratios 46
Leverage Ratios 47
Efficiency Ratios 47
List of Figures
Dover Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 30
Dover Corporation, Ratio Charts 32
- Baker Hughes Incorporated
- Danaher Corporation
- Gardner Denver Inc
- General Electric Company
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- Lennox International Inc.
- Oshkosh Corporation
- Schlumberger Limited
- Siemens AG
- Weatherford International plc