Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (VAR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- February 2016
- 63 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities – A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (Varian) designs, manufactures and sells equipment and software for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and other medical conditions through radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Its major products include brachytherapy afterloaders; linear accelerators; treatment simulation and verification equipment; X-ray tubes, high voltage connectors flat panel digital image detectors. Varian also offers software products such as information management, treatment planning, image processing, clinical knowledge exchange, patient care management, decision making support and practice management. The company’s products find application in fluoroscopic imaging, mammography, computed tomography, cargo scanning, computer aided diagnostics and other industrial applications. Varian offers its products to healthcare agencies; physicians’ offices; university research and community hospitals; and private and governmental institutions. The company operates in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Varian is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, the US.
Varian Medical Systems, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Jan 27, 2016: Varian Medical Systems Reports Results for First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2016
Jan 26, 2016: Varian Medical Systems Appoints Dr. Patrick Kupelian VP of Clinical Affairs
Dec 01, 2015: Varian Imaging Components Business Highlights Claymount Products at RSNA Exhibit
Nov 30, 2015: Varian And Apollo Group Sign Educational Partnership To Develop Radiotherapy Caregivers In India
Nov 30, 2015: Varian Imaging Components Business Expands Rsna Exhibit With Broader Product Offerings
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company