Rexam PLC (REX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- September 2015
- 41 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Rexam PLC (Rexam) manufactures and sells beverage cans. The company manufactures cans of varying sizes with different finishes. The company offers aluminum and steel cans in different sizes including small stubby cans, slim models, pint-size cans, aluminum bottles and large one liter cans. It also offers decorative inks and coatings to add value to its offerings. The cans are used for beers, carbonated soft drinks and energy drinks as well as iced tea, juices and a whole range of innovative beverages. The company carries out its operations through one business segment, namely, Beverage Cans. It has manufacturing plants in Europe, Americas and Asia-Pacific. Rexam is headquartered in London, the UK.
Rexam PLC Key Recent Developments
Aug 05, 2013: Rexam Healthcare to open new production line at Neuenburg plant in Germany
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Rexam PLC - Key Facts 6
Rexam PLC - Key Employees 7
Rexam PLC - Key Employee Biographies 8
Rexam PLC - Major Products and Services 9
Rexam PLC - History 10
Rexam PLC - Company Statement 19
Rexam PLC - Locations And Subsidiaries 21
Head Office 21
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 21
Section 2 - Company Analysis 23
Rexam PLC - Business Description 23
Rexam PLC - Corporate Strategy 24
Rexam PLC - SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis - Overview 25
Rexam PLC - Strengths 25
Strength - Distinct Product Offerings 25
Strength - Global Presence 25
Strength - Market Position 25
Strength - Improving Cash Reserves 25
Rexam PLC - Weaknesses 26
Weakness - Litigation Claims 26
Weakness - Dependence on Few Customers 26
Rexam PLC - Opportunities 27
Opportunity - Establishment of New Beverage Can Sector 27
Opportunity - Business Combination 27
Opportunity - Strategic Divestitures 27
Opportunity - Global Beverage Can Market 27
Rexam PLC - Threats 28
Threat - Increasing Raw Material Cost 28
Threat - Highly Competitive Market 28
Threat - Regulatory Environment 28
Rexam PLC - Key Competitors 29
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 35
Rexam PLC, Recent Deals Summary 36
Section 4 - Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List of Tables
Rexam PLC, Key Facts 6
Rexam PLC, Key Employees 7
Rexam PLC, Key Employee Biographies 8
Rexam PLC, Major Products and Services 9
Rexam PLC, History 10
Rexam PLC, Other Locations 21
Rexam PLC, Subsidiaries 21
Rexam PLC, Key Competitors 29
Rexam PLC, Ratios based on current share price 30
Rexam PLC, Annual Ratios 31
Rexam PLC, Interim Ratios 34
Rexam PLC, Recent Deals Summary 36
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
List of Figures
Rexam PLC, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 33
Rexam PLC, Ratio Charts 35