Supervalu Inc. (SVU) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- July 2017
- 37 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Supervalu Inc. (Supervalu) is a diversified retail company that distributes and retails grocery and healthcare products. The company provides wholesale distribution and logistics services to independent retail customers including single and multiple grocery store operators, regional chains and the military and other customers. It also offers various services including retail store support, advertising, couponing, e-Commerce, network and data hosting solutions, training and certifications classes, as well as administrative back-office solutions.. Supervalu supplies groceries, perishables, general merchandise and home, health and beauty care products to retail stores from its distribution centers which are owned, third-party and customer trucks. It retails products thorough cub foods, shoppers food & pharmacy, shop ’n save, farm fresh and hornbacher’s, and rainbow stores that offers regional, national and private brand products. Supervalu is headquartered in Minnesota, the US.
Supervalu Inc. Key Recent Developments
Feb 07,2017: Clean Energy Partners With Mountain Valley To Fuel Fleet Of Trucks Equipped With New ISL G Zero (NOx) Engines; Continues Momentum Of Station Construction Projects From 2016
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Supervalu Inc. - Key Facts 5
Supervalu Inc. - Key Employees 6
Supervalu Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 7
Supervalu Inc. - Major Products and Services 8
Supervalu Inc. - History 10
Supervalu Inc. - Company Statement 13
Supervalu Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 – Company Analysis 16
Supervalu Inc. - Business Description 16
Business Description - Corporate 16
Corporate - Overview 16
Corporate - Financials 16
Business Description - Retail Food 16
Retail Food - Overview 16
Retail Food - Financials 16
Business Description - Wholesale 17
Wholesale - Overview 17
Wholesale - Financials 17
Supervalu Inc. - SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis - Overview 18
Supervalu Inc. - Strengths 18
Supervalu Inc. - Weaknesses 19
Supervalu Inc. - Opportunities 20
Supervalu Inc. - Threats 21
Supervalu Inc. - Key Competitors 22
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
Supervalu Inc., Recent Deals Summary 30
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 31
Feb 07, 2017: Clean Energy Partners With Mountain Valley To Fuel Fleet Of Trucks Equipped With New ISL G Zero (NOx) Engines; Continues Momentum Of Station Construction Projects From 2016 31
Section 5 – Appendix 33
Ratio Definitions 33
About GlobalData 37
Contact Us 37
List of Tables
Supervalu Inc., Key Facts 5
Supervalu Inc., Key Employees 6
Supervalu Inc., Key Employee Biographies 7
Supervalu Inc., Major Products and Services 8
Supervalu Inc., History 10
Supervalu Inc., Subsidiaries 14
Supervalu Inc., Key Competitors 22
Supervalu Inc., Ratios based on current share price 23
Supervalu Inc., Annual Ratios 24
Supervalu Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 25
Supervalu Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 26
Supervalu Inc., Interim Ratios 28
Supervalu Inc., Recent Deals Summary 30
Currency Codes 33
Capital Market Ratios 33
Equity Ratios 34
Profitability Ratios 34
Cost Ratios 35
Liquidity Ratios 35
Leverage Ratios 36
Efficiency Ratios 36
List of Figures
Supervalu Inc., Performance Chart (2013 - 2017) 27
Supervalu Inc., Ratio Charts 29
- Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- The Kroger Co.
- Safeway Inc.
- Price Chopper Operating Co., Inc.
- Dierbergs Markets Inc
- Delhaize Group SA