Summary Sales of home and garden products accounted for 4.2% of the total retail sales in 2014. Poor economic conditions, reduced consumer confidence levels, and declining household consumption are major hurdles for the sector. Per capita spending is also estimated to exhibit sluggish growth over the forecast period, as consumers are becoming more cautious and limiting their spending to essentials.
Key Findings - Home improvement is the largest segment and contributed 50.1% towards the home and garden products category group in 2014
- Specialist retailers remain as the main retail channel in this sector
- The market is fragmented, as the sector is dominated by both domestic as well as international retailers
- Sales through online channel are expected to witness a strong CAGR of 8.74% during 2014-2019.
Synopsis “Home and Garden Products Retailing in Spain - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting home and garden products retail dynamics for gardening and outdoor living, home improvement, and homewares from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of home and garden products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Home improvement and gardening supplies retailers; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; home furniture and homewares retailers; department stores; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; other specialist retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; electrical and electronics specialists; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations
- An overview of key home and garden products retailers operating across Spain and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on home and garden products sector in the Spain retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in home and garden products category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including gardening and outdoor living; home improvement and homewares, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the home and garden products market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the home and garden products market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Pet Food in Spain by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers packaged, prepared dry and wet food specifically for cats and dogs. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer. Market size for Pet...
Cheese in Spain by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers total hard/extra hard, semi-hard, soft, spreadable/processed cheese. It excludes cottage cheese, fromage frais/quark/curd/paneer and cheese dips. Market size is based on retail...
Yoghurt in Spain by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This report covers all drinking/cultured and spoonable yoghurts and yoghurt type drinks. Market size is based on retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Yoghurt in Spain is given in EUR and...
Chocolate Confectionery in Spain by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers wrapped countlines, tablets, individually wrapped, non- individually wrapped, seasonal and other chocolate confectionery. Market size comprises sales through all...
Tea and Infusions in Spain by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This report covers packaged and unpackaged black, green, oolong, white and Pu'er teas, infusions and yerba mate. It excludes RTD liquid products. Market size is based on retail (off...
Beer in Spain by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beers. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade and food industry) sales. Market size for Beer in Spain is given in EUR...