Furniture and Floor Coverings Retailing in South Africa- Market Summary and Forecasts ;Comprehensive overview of the market, consumer, and competitive context, with retail sales value and forecasts to 2019
Summary With a share of 4% in 2014, the furniture and floor coverings market is set to witness a CAGR of 4.65% over the forecast period, to reach retail sales of ZAR48 billion by 2019. The South African residential property market is well balanced with enough buyers and sellers which provides the necessary impetus to drive the sales of the furniture and floor coverings market. Per capita spending on furniture and floor coverings is forecast to reach a CAGR of 3.3% over the next five years.
Key Findings - Furniture is expected to remain the largest category during the forecast period.
- Home furniture and homewares retailers account for 69.8% of the total sales of furniture and floor coverings
- Sales through online channel are gaining momentum and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 22% during 2014-2019.
Synopsis “Furniture and Floor Coverings Retailing in South Africa- Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting furniture and floor coverings retail dynamics for floor coverings and furniture from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of furniture and floor coverings products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Home furniture and homewares retailers; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; online; department stores; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; home improvement and gardening supplies retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other specialist retailers
- An overview of key furniture and floor coverings retailers operating across South Africa and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on furniture and floor coverings sector in the South Africa retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in furniture and floor coverings category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including floor coverings and furniture, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the furniture and floor coverings market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the furniture and floor coverings market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Cheese in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers total hard/extra hard, semi-hard, soft, spreadable/processed cheese. It excludes cottage cheese, fromage frais/quark/curd/paneer and cheese dips. Market size is based on...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2018
MEA is one of the smallest regions for dog food globally, with countries at very different levels of economic development and diverse requirements. Shifting demographics and strengthening pet humanisation see smaller dogs gaining popularity, and adoption of premium and ultra-premium foods perceived as highly nutritious and healthy. From a...
Butter and Yellow fats in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all butter, ghee and margarine and spread consumption including table and cooking. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2018
The region saw a decrease in retail volume of computers in 2018. South Africa and Nigeria were exceptions due to the popularity of portable computers and gaming. The fall in computers was due to rising adoption of smartphones and economic uncertainties, though peripherals were stable. While innovation in laptops, with new light convertible...
Sweet Bakery in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers wrapped ambient and chilled cakes, pies, tarts and other sweet bakery products. It excludes frozen products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels...
Oral Hygiene in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers toothpaste, toothbrush and mouthwash and ancillary oral hygiene products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer and...